Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back ache and stomach muscle paina

(6 Posts)
babybear2468 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:40:49

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced really bad back ache, mid back, from 29 wks. combined with stomach muscle pains just below the ribs toward the side?

Sitting at me desk at work is proving difficult, the pain sets in my back after 20min or so. Getting up and walking around alleviates it for a bit.

Has anyone experienced the same, did you go to your GP? what did they advise?

Have asked for an ergonomic assessment at work for starters.

thanks!!

babybear2468 Thu 20-Mar-14 18:03:10

does anybody have any similar symptoms?

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 20-Mar-14 18:06:39

This isn't unusual. The pains around the sides are prob round ligaments stretching. Back ache can be caused by the change in balance due to bump, and your weakened core muscles. Your GP or midwife will likely refer you to a physio

babybear2468 Fri 21-Mar-14 11:21:09

thank you for your advice, I will mention it when I see the gp next smile

squizita Fri 21-Mar-14 11:31:23

I'm only week 15 but getting twinges just under the ribs at the side. When does ligament pain start?

Knowing my luck it's just yet more backed-up poo! grin

saranga Fri 21-Mar-14 11:58:55

I got ligament pain from around 12-15 weeks.

Anyone else getting knee pain? i'm having difficulty bending my right knee.. it's so painful. I'm asking for a physio referral on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now