Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only wierdo......

(10 Posts)
firstbaby01 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:29:32

.. who still 'jumps' every time baby kicks? I'm 23+1 and have been getting proper kicks for about 4 weeks and it still makes me jump every time! I'm starting to think I will never get used to it grin

LuckyAugust Wed 19-Mar-14 19:03:42

Ha ha, I did that when pregnant with both of my boys too!!! Enjoy xsmile

AnnaBanana25 Wed 19-Mar-14 19:21:40

Ha ha! No you're not... I'm 26 weeks and the baby has been properly jabbing me, I struggle to keep still, probably look very funny really!

firstbaby01 Wed 19-Mar-14 20:58:12

I keep getting so many funny looks! my bump is quite small and very low so to a stranger I probably look podgy rather than pregnant and look like I have a twitching problem

Boogles91 Wed 19-Mar-14 23:28:27

Im getting used to most of my lil mans kicks smile im 23wks today lol one day behind :D every now and again i do jump whenits a massive kick he jabbed me under my rib forthe first time last week, rarther tikkled it did but i had to. Jump lol i first felt him from 13wks smile its lovely innit :D xx

Boogles91 Wed 19-Mar-14 23:30:23

My bump is also wuite small smile people are only just starting to look at me, i hate the ones that just stare! Feel like saying have you never seen a pregnant person before ? ^.-

Sweetpea86 Wed 19-Mar-14 23:43:30

I'm 36 weeks and blows to my rib cage me me jump. smile

Loopylouu Thu 20-Mar-14 09:58:17

I'm 38 weeks and I think people think I have Tourette's.

I seem to have a baby with huge, knobbly knees and big feet that she loves to jab in my ribs.

I'm forever gasping, saying 'stop it' and the ocassional 'ow,shit'.

ChicaMomma Thu 20-Mar-14 11:44:54

hahah lol at Loppylou!
I think my guy has ADHD- he never stops!!!

I must say though, i dont enjoy it particularly. People say it's such a special part of pregnancy. Huh?

Loopylouu Thu 20-Mar-14 12:14:36

Special my arse!

Since 30 weeks I have regularly been in tears with her stretching and moving. It hurts like hell. Now her head is engaged I have shooting/stabbing pains in my cervix while being kicked in the ribs and knees/back wriggling across my belly at the same time.

And bloody mil people going 'aww, can you feel her kick?'. Yes, I can. Can you not see my belly moving under my jumper and see me wincing?

Her peak times for moving are lunchtime so I can't eat, 3pm when I am waiting to pick up ds so I am hobbling round the playground like the hunchback and 9-10pm, when I am bloody exhausted and just want to sleep.

I don't dare have a bath, it drives her insane, so I've been sticking to showers.

(Of course, I am very glad she's active, I never have to worry, just having a rant!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now