Talk

Advanced search

Visibility scan how far gone would you recommend??

(13 Posts)
Snook99 Wed 19-Mar-14 12:22:13

I'm thinking about having a private visibility scan, does anyone re commend them? I am 7 weeks today, how many weeks would you suggest if anyone has had one before?

Thank you x

Slebmum Wed 19-Mar-14 12:26:04

I has a viability scan at 7+3, I think anything from 7 weeks is recommended.

gunwalloe Wed 19-Mar-14 12:26:44

I had one at eight weeks as I wasn't getting any symptoms and wasn't convinced there was a baby in there. It was lovely we saw the heart fluttering away and I felt reassured.

Roseandmabelshouse Wed 19-Mar-14 12:29:02

8 - 10 weeks

I had one following IVF treatment at 7+3 I think it was. (Included at clinic as part of IVF treatment, though I would have paid for one around the same time if it wasn't) I don't think you can see much before 7 weeks tbh. I saw a blob with a heartbeat which was reassuring enough for me. After that I was referred into mainstream antenatal care. Congratulations btw! smile

Snook99 Wed 19-Mar-14 12:34:09

So if I book now then I should be ok, I had a mc before Christmas and I can't quite let it sink in I'm so nervous so just want some reassurance really x

moominlike Wed 19-Mar-14 13:10:04

Have you asked if you could have an early scan on the nhs? My GP phoned the EPU and requested one as I had 2 mcs last year and they agreed, I'll be 7+4 (I asked for one around 7 weeks). Might be worth a try?

And congratulations smile

eepie Wed 19-Mar-14 13:10:12

I had one at 7 weeks ish (internal scan - was totally fine didn't hurt at all, hardly felt anything!) and we saw everything very clearly. It was Queen Charlotte's hospital in London.

Snook99 Wed 19-Mar-14 13:19:00

I've had an internal one not as scary as I thought it would be! And moonin I had doctors today and because I've only had one they won't refer me sad x

flipflopsonfifthavenue Wed 19-Mar-14 13:31:02

I had internal scan at 6wk (GP referred me as light spotting) and nurse said everything looked as it should and she could see tiny flutter of HB but was too early to really say if viable, so going back next Monday when I'll be 7+3.

it's an IVF pregnancy so having viability scan at clinic anyway at 7+5 - these two at the EPU are extras due to spotting.

Snook99 Wed 19-Mar-14 13:39:20

Oh it's so scary that first time! I'm glad it was all ok though and hope you get to see a healthy little bean! smile x

moominlike Wed 19-Mar-14 17:40:54

That's a shame, hope your private one goes well xx

ruth1104 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:27:34

Congratulations! I had one at 8 weeks (for reassurance after a previous mc) and you could see the heartbeat and check everything was the right size and place, and it didn't have to be internal (although might be different if it had been on the nhs). I decided on 8 weeks because I wasn't totally sure on my dates and I read that if you see everything's ok then, and the hb, your chances of a successful pregnancy are pretty high, I think somewhere around 95%. It was very reassuring, definitely worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now