Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI! keep needing to poo :/

(18 Posts)
K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 10:24:15

I'm 39+3 weeks pg with my first and for the past 3 days (today being the third) I keep getting the urge to poo. yesterday I felt it a good 5 times. twice I actually went, the other 3 felt like a lot of pressure in my bowel. I know there is the whole thing of clearing out before labour, how early on does that happen...?

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Wed 19-Mar-14 10:31:26

For me, about 9am and DS2 was born at 4.40pm! It certainly sounds like it could be things moving in the right direction,do you have you your bag packed? Birth partners on stand-by? Good luck!

girliefriend Wed 19-Mar-14 10:33:53

Agree with pp my guess is things are moving!! Any other signs??

TerrariaMum Wed 19-Mar-14 10:39:45

Third the PP. I had that before both my labours. Combination of clearing out and pressure on bowel due to descending baby.

K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 10:49:59

yep, bags ready, dh on stand by! grin I did find out yesterday though that baby has moved and is back to back envy I know there's still time for it to move but it's just frustrating this far on

K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 10:50:49

I don't think I've had any other signs confused only other thing that's changed it fetal movement isn't as strong but mw said that's because I have an anterior placenta & baby's position

hartmel Wed 19-Mar-14 14:30:01

Mine started in the morning (not sure the time anymore) and by 4 pm my water broke and at 12:10 am I had DS..
The weird part I always found was that no one really no one told me how contraction will feel like. Did not expect it to feel like the urge to poo..

Good luck.. It sounds like you will have your DC very soon..
I still have 30 weeks to go with DC2

Lj8893 Wed 19-Mar-14 14:38:26

I had a massive urge to poo about 30 minutes before dd was born.

Get ready and good luck!

BitsinTatters Wed 19-Mar-14 14:39:46

If baby is back to back see if u can spend some time on all fours crawling around

girliefriend Wed 19-Mar-14 17:58:03

Keep us posted wink and good luck!!

K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 19:21:16

Thanks everyone grin when you say get on all fours over the ball, how do I do that? Get on my knees and have the ball into my chest?

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Wed 19-Mar-14 20:45:10

First image on here (on my phone so can't link) - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=all+fours+on+birthing+ball&client=ms-android-samsung&hl=en-GB&source=android-search-app&v=133247963&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ewEqU-SYI6S50QWzlYBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA

K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 21:40:09

Thanks ipoked. I'm getting so much pressure in my pelvis. It permanently feels like I need to wee, and when I do there's pressure in my bum sad

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Wed 19-Mar-14 22:50:28

Sounds like things are hotting up! Will a bath help?

K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 22:53:59

Well I've got into bed as the sofa wasn't comfortable confused it's all quietened down but I have a very slight aching in my lower back. o lying very slightly, and whilst I was sat on the sofa it looked like my belly was breathing on its own, I think baby was practising breathing smile

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Wed 19-Mar-14 22:59:28

I'd go with whatever makes you comfortable right now, rest and eat if you can as it could be anytime and don't be afraid to call delivery suite if you feel things are progressing and get some advice, good luck

K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 23:32:44

Thanks ipoked smile I reckon this little one is going to be playing me for a while. Just have this inkling envy haven't had much of an urge to poo since this morning but my bladder is getting a serious knock about. I'm sure they know when you're trying to rest envy

CrispyFB Wed 19-Mar-14 23:54:30

It sounds really promising! Both times I've gone into labour naturally I've had a clear out same day. And felt for most of the day like there was more to come even though there wasn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now