Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 th sweep

(5 Posts)
steppyhen Wed 19-Mar-14 10:12:08

So going for my 6th sweep today had not much change but have seen two different midwives and the first ones notes are better then the second ones... getting induced on fri is their much point in going today ? Totally fed up. 40+8 first ds.

Ferreroroche123 Wed 19-Mar-14 10:21:28

I personally think if you have had 5 already and nothing happened, maybe it's not worth it. I had 3 over the course of a week and they got progressively more painful and made no difference. I went into labour 9 days over after a reflexology session. (It was labour inducing reflexology but could be coincidence).

I vowed never to have a sweep this time as I found them painful and useless.

But that is just my POV and experience not long to go for you whatever you decide!

steppyhen Wed 19-Mar-14 10:27:24

Yeah exactly its only 2 more sleeps until I will hopefully meet my boy but I am holding onto the hope that I will just go naturally. Maybe they could just check if their has been any change since my last one and not actually do a sweep I agree tho they are getting sorer every time. X

nearlyreadytopop Wed 19-Mar-14 10:27:35

I had four with ds to no effect. I ended up induced at 41+3. I decided if I am lucky enough to be pregnant again I will refuse a sweep. I never had so much as a twinge after any of mine.

steppyhen Wed 19-Mar-14 11:14:06

After the last one I had a bloody show which was on mon, and brown spotting since, also yday felt so sluggish and off my food up ubtil now i have been full of energy, mild backache and tightnings and had diarrhoea last night ?maybe the start of something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now