Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Only 35+1 but could this be it??

(8 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Wed 19-Mar-14 09:10:57

I'm not suppose to go into natural labour as I've had repair surgery following my first birth so have a section booked for 39+1. This is dc2.

Since midnight I've had intermittent period pains and now (tmi) my body has had a clear out. My belly is going hard at the bottom with the pains. They're very erratic not regular at all and as yet I haven't experienced any braxtons, I didn't with dd1 either but whatever this is I haven't slept a wink.

Is this just late pregnancy stuff which just happens to be new to me as I never had it last time?

Monkeybubbles1 Wed 19-Mar-14 09:15:02

You need to phone your midwife or doctor, no one here can answer this safely for you.

ZingSweetCoconut Wed 19-Mar-14 09:24:36

I second calling your hospital to help

Sweetpea86 Wed 19-Mar-14 09:32:30

Hi Hun best to ring your midwfie I'm 36 weeks but about 2 weeks ago I had the same thing happen to me. And every thing went bk to normal.

But phone hospital and tell them to be on the safe side smile

PretzelPrincess Wed 19-Mar-14 11:32:18

Call the doc! I had similar symptoms at 34 weeks and thought it was just late pregnancy stuff. 2 days later my waters broke and I had my lil man at 35 weeks! Eek!

pinkpompomispretty Wed 19-Mar-14 11:39:42

I'm experiencing similar pains, do they tend to keep u in? Or just check u over? As I have no one to have my dd for me x

SchroSawMargeryDaw Wed 19-Mar-14 11:46:46

Phone the hospital. With DS2 my waters went at 34+3 and he was born at 35 weeks. At least if it is happening now and you call them ASAP there might be time for steroid injections.

Clobbered Wed 19-Mar-14 11:50:57

May just be baby adjusting position and going head down, but no way to tell for sure without midwife / hospital check, especially as your case is not straightforward (previous surgery). Why take the risk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now