Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dry mouth/throat?

(7 Posts)
Para28 Wed 19-Mar-14 08:41:03

Does anybody experience extremely dry mouth/throat (and even nose), even directly after drinking water? I'm so dry it's almost painful sometimes - feel like I produce no saliva or mucus (sorry tmi). Anybody else experience this and have any tips?
The dryness isn't associated with morning sickness or any other symptoms; I'm in second trimester and otherwise generally feeling ok.
Thanks

K8eee Wed 19-Mar-14 12:04:31

yep! over here!!! and when I'm thirsty nothing seems to quench my thirst envy my skin has become super dry too, especially my lips, under my nose, chin & hands confused

SandwichBag Wed 19-Mar-14 12:41:27

Me too - currently sitting here gulping down water as I have a really dry tickly throat and nothing will help! Also have dry itchy patches on body and resorted to covering myself in baby lotion as normal moisturiser seems to make it red and sore sad

Boogles91 Wed 19-Mar-14 13:14:24

I was the opposite! I had this dyer thirst 24/7! And its starting to come back again now, along with a shnuffly blocked shnozz all the time >.< oh its irritating loool xx

Para28 Wed 19-Mar-14 13:35:10

Glad I'm not the only one - I read that excess saliva and a runny nose is more common! Does it get worse for you at night??

UriGeller Wed 19-Mar-14 13:36:46

Are you peeing lots? Have you been tested for gestational diabetes? Dry mouth/increased thirst is a sign.

Para28 Wed 19-Mar-14 14:16:43

No, not peeing a lot, and urine is clear (not dark/cloudy). I had blood test a couple of weeks ago, and it was fine. I'll have a further gestational diabetes test in a few weeks. I guess if it gets worse, than I should ask for a test earlier. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now