Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

different symptoms + different gender??

(11 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Wed 19-Mar-14 08:34:04

this is for fun really.

With DS I had very little nausea, just very very tired, and bit of heart burn/off taste in mouth during the early weeks. By 10wks I was symptom free.

Am about 7wks pg with DC2 now and feel sooo sick, and sooo tired and have upset/gurgly tummy, stretching pains, back ache, general horribleness.

DP is already saying, "oooo, must be a girl this time as your symptoms are so different!"

I know that this is silly, and all pregnancies are different - but anecdotally - could this be true?!

Were your pregnancies noticeably different for boys and girls??

TheresNoMeWithoutYou Wed 19-Mar-14 08:39:37

No. Different symptoms = different baby /pregnancy.
Sorry you are feeling yuck. flowers

TheBookofRuth Wed 19-Mar-14 08:42:34

I'm sure scientifically there's no truth in it whatsoever,but I felt absolutely awful all the way through with DD. I'm 21 weeks with DC2 now and have so far felt mostly fine.

Ultrasound says he's a DS! grin

Seeline Wed 19-Mar-14 08:44:49

My 2 pgs were very different. That's mainly due to demanding anti sickness drugs the second time round so being able to function relatively normally for the first 41/2 months, and also due to not catching whooping cough at 6 months. DC1 was a boy and DC2 was girl, but I'm not sure that is relevant in this case grin

Jellymum1 Wed 19-Mar-14 08:47:25

Both my pregnancies were girls. Both entirely different and I also had everyone saying second must be a boy lol.

Mmolly2013 Wed 19-Mar-14 09:45:01

no symtoms or sickness here and im having a girlsmile

Foxeym Wed 19-Mar-14 10:15:41

I've had 3 completely different pregnancies, 2DDs and 1DS

mammaof4girls Wed 19-Mar-14 10:53:41

I've had 5 very different pregnancies with a range of different symptoms and carrying them differently and they are all girls! x

ruthsmumkath Wed 19-Mar-14 14:32:37

I've had 4 identical pregnancies -2 girl and 2 boy. Cravings etc same. Shape of bump same.

My sister had 2 very different - one no sickness , one terrible sickness and both were boys.

Albertatata Wed 19-Mar-14 18:16:50

2 different pregnancies - 2 boys

Jakeyblueblue Wed 19-Mar-14 20:49:08

I had quite a lot of sickness with ds but it was manageable. With this pregnancy, I've had HG. Just coming out the other side and the meds seem to have it better controlled.
Anyway, my midwife told me that there is absolutely no science to it whatsoever but in her 20 yr experience, those who have wildly different pregnancies like me, are usually carrying a different sex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now