Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anything I can do to delay labour?

(6 Posts)
mostlyconfused Tue 18-Mar-14 22:56:13

I'm 39+6 and really don't want my labour to start. My mum has just been taken into hospital and I would like her to be out and have all her test results before I have my DC. Any tips on how I can try and delay things/stop them from starting?

KatAndKit Tue 18-Mar-14 23:43:54

I think it is out of your control, babies come if they are ready! I hope your mum makes a speedy recovery and good luck with your baby

SmallBee Wed 19-Mar-14 09:12:34

I don't have any tried & tested method but I suppose you could just do the opposite of what is suggested to induce it naturally. No raspberry leaves, pineapples or spicy foods. No walking uphill or any other movement. So basically sit on the sofa all day with bland food!
So sorry about your mum & hope she gets better soon. Try & keep yourself calm as the stress won't be good for your baby.

CrispyFB Wed 19-Mar-14 16:23:15

Sometimes stress can stop them from coming (and conversely, the relief from stress brings them out) Both times I have gone into labour, it's been after a time of high stress and just when I've started to relax.

So hopefully the stress will hold things off long enough! Babies like to be born into a chilled environment if they can, although obviously if they're really really ready you have no say..

CrispyFB Wed 19-Mar-14 16:23:47

And I really hope your mum is okay thanks

Sweetpea86 Wed 19-Mar-14 17:13:33

Think its one of those things that it's Sod's law. If you wanted baby to come now you'll give overdue by 2 weeks. If u want to delay you'll come ealry just try and relax and not get too stressed out easier said than done.

Really hope your mam is ok. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now