Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm now firmly in the 'Maybe it's labour!' stage lol...

(16 Posts)
weebigmamma Mon 17-Mar-14 02:14:57

Stomach pains when I lie down? Maybe it's labour!

Running to the loo even more often than usual? Maybe it's labour!

Diarrhea? Maybe it's labour! (TMI?)

Wishful thinking ahoy.....!

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 17-Mar-14 02:20:10

Been there, done that! When are you due?

ClutchingMyPearls Mon 17-Mar-14 04:24:39

Uh I will join you there! Every twinge.......

redcaryellowcar Mon 17-Mar-14 04:34:36

I thought i had diarrhea a couple of weeks ago, was sat on toilet with nothing happening wondering what i had eaten, then realised these diarrhea episodes were coming quite frequently started timing them and woke dh to say perhaps in labour. Ds arrived about 5 hours later!

redcaryellowcar Mon 17-Mar-14 04:35:26

Best of luck, diarrhea or labour!

aydiddlydee Mon 17-Mar-14 06:57:42

so with you there! 40+5 here ... GET OUT OF ME! angry

steppyhen Mon 17-Mar-14 09:07:38

Im in same boat 40+6 gettin my 5 sweep today maybe just maybe it will bring on labour!!! Good luck x

eggplanty Mon 17-Mar-14 09:09:46

Good luck ladies!!!

lemonfolly Mon 17-Mar-14 14:41:25

I thought the same yesterday, but turns outs its norovirus for me! Hope yours is labour, certainly slightly more pleasant in my view! Good luck

williwonti Mon 17-Mar-14 14:42:43

Me too...40+6, 4 sweeps and no signs as yet.....

CrispyFB Mon 17-Mar-14 16:01:51

I played the opposite game a few weeks back. I was only 36+5 and that day was ridiculously inconvenient to have a baby - one of the few times where we had a four hour gap in easy emergency childcare coverage plus we had loads planned over the following two days. So I did the best I could and denied I was in labour.

Unexpectedly loose stools all morning - stomach virus
Spike in blood pressure - stomach virus (never mind I had no stomach ache like I normally do)
Contractions during the day instead of the evening - just further along in pregnancy, this stuff happens
Contractions not fading despite toilet visits, walking around - see above
Tearful over nothing - lack of sleep
Feeling spaced out - lack of sleep
Had spent entire day two days earlier irrationally sorting out stupid trivial things to the point of physical collapse - those stupid trivial things needed doing!!
Low blood sugar for no reason - maybe there was a reason I'd forgotten
Contractions getting painful - maybe I need the loo
Contractions 2-3 minutes apart by evening and shaking - I suppose I could call someone.. <was ordered to delivery suite immediately, skip triage!>

Spent two hours faffing about sorting out emergency-emergency childcare and driving to the hospital which was bloody miles away

Baby born by required EMCS (should have been ELCS a week later!) not long after getting to the hospital. Oops.

Good luck everyone, hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

weebigmamma Mon 17-Mar-14 19:26:37

Oh my goodness Crispy! lol. Congratulations!! :-)

I'm only at 36 weeks now. ELCS due at 39 weeks. I think I'm just so fed up of being pregnant but I know if I go early I'll also be worrying about not having things done.

Yes, good luck to everyone! Lemon- norovirus is so horrible, hope you feel a lot better soon!

CrispyFB Mon 17-Mar-14 19:55:51

I hit my ELCS date last time, but spent the last few days very introspective.. I think in many ways despite the inconvenience it is nicer if it takes you by surprise as you don't spend as much time wallowing in it all! I was lucky in a way as with my history it was quite likely I would go early so all the big things were done.. but I did miss out on the relaxing final week I had planned!

Ugh yes - feel better soon lemonfolly - I've heard of a few people who have norovirus at the moment. That would be my worst nightmare combined with childbirth!

weebigmamma Mon 17-Mar-14 20:00:01

According to the doc my baby is 2 weeks ahead of itself size-wise which is probably what has put early labour in my head. He has been extra wiggly lately but that's nothing unusual really. And I've had a lot of braxton hicks today too but nothing painful. Hey ho! :-)

moomin35 Mon 24-Mar-14 08:07:23

Any news wegigmamma?

weebigmamma Mon 24-Mar-14 08:24:03

No, still waiting but I'm only 37 weeks this week so another couple to go before the section. I can just about cope if this soap-in-the-bed thing continues to help my restless legs! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now