Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TENS - expiry date on the pads?

(3 Posts)
EeeekItsTwins Sun 16-Mar-14 10:39:26

I've just dug out my maternity TENS to use in labour. Last time it was used was 3 years ago, and I've noticed the spare pads have an expiry date on them - they are nearly 2 years out of date.

That's ridiculous, right? They are still safe to use, and they'll work, won't they?

lighteningmcmama Sun 16-Mar-14 10:58:42

I have no idea for sure but at a guess the date might just be for the stickiness, so perhaps you could check if they are still sticky? You probably want to test the machine anyway

K8eee Sun 16-Mar-14 13:39:28

Bit of a helpful hint mot sure if you and anyone else who has a tens already know this but if the stickiness is going on your pads, then get some spit on your fingers and rub it over the pads just to rehydrate them. Water doesn't work, I know it sounds gross, but it works and will save you buying new pads so early on grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now