Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP... confused about pregnancy test results :(

(8 Posts)
nelly1994 Sat 15-Mar-14 18:04:19

I took a pregnancy test in the morning and it showed two bright solid pink lines then took one like an hour or two after and got a negative. Am I still pregnant? Also I reused the urine I had left in the cup and both test I took were from the same brand....later that day a bought a clearblue pregnancy test and it showed "not pregnant"..I'm confused am I pregnant or not, maybe it's too early since my period isn't due till next week? HELP!!

JustDanni Sat 15-Mar-14 19:59:46

If you used the urine that you had left then you will have got a faulse positive.
If the urine isnt in a sealed container and refrigerated then hormones and proteins can kind of die off to levels too low to detect. Always use fresh urine for a new test for an accurate result.

If you got a clear positive first time then that is likely to be the correct result as faulse positives are next to impossible.

JustDanni Sat 15-Mar-14 20:01:02

Also, If your period isn't due then it's probably too early to have consistent results. Most tests only detect hormone from the day your period is due.
Wait until then to retest

peeapod Sat 15-Mar-14 20:15:10

always use first morning urine just before or after your periods due, and dont save it, but use fresh every time..

nelly1994 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:13:04

Oh okay thank you so much for your response...the first time that came out positive I did use first morning urine.

Snook99 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:39:20

I think I read on a pregnancy test the urine only lasts 20 mins x

nelly1994 Sun 16-Mar-14 05:08:07

Oh really? That's good to know thanks a lot smile

SummerLove87 Tue 02-Aug-16 15:12:31

Hi I'm 4 days Late for my Period I've done 4 pregnancy tests first 2 positive and the other 2 Negitive 😐 Is it worth doing another 1 tomorrow morning? Just wanna know What is going On 🙁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now