Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early miscarriage in 4w+, how long til cycle returns to normal ?

(6 Posts)
artylady14 Thu 13-Mar-14 18:52:23

Hi all, unfortunately I am miscarrying atm. Was confirmed 4wks preg last Friday and started spotting the next day. My heavy bleeding started yesterday and the EPU yesterday confirmed v. low hormone levels. My bleeding is calming down but I just wondered, if anyone else had ever miscarried this early, how soon the cycle was disrupted and when they got their next period? It's so upsetting seeing all this and I just want to get trying again.

moominlike Thu 13-Mar-14 19:11:18

Hi, sorry you're going through this it is so hard. I've had two miscarriages and both times my period came the next month as normal but everyone's different and it seems to vary a lot. I started trying straight away as focussing on that helped for me. I would say make sure you get a negative test first so that when you get your next bfp you know its not left over hormones. Take care x

pinkpompomispretty Thu 13-Mar-14 19:15:08

I too had a miscarriage very similar to urs and my period also came as normal the following month. I was trying for about 4 months when I had the miscarriage. I carried on trying as I had been and within 2 months I was pregnant. I tried to be a lot more relaxed about the whole thing, didn't buy first response (as I was using these to test early) and just bought Tesco and superdrug ones and waited til day period was due to test.

artylady14 Thu 13-Mar-14 19:20:04

thanks both for your responses. When you say it came next month as normal do you mean it came about four weeks after the first day of bleeding? Im guessing I go from the day of real bleeding, not just the spotting for the days before. Thanks for the advice about taking a preg test moominlike, I will do that. I am definitely going to be more relaxed about testing pinkpom, as I don't want to get my hopes up soon sad

BluegrassLass Thu 13-Mar-14 19:52:31

I'd say your cycle can return to normal pretty quickly. I was around 3-4wks pregnant when I started miscarrying on 5 Jan. My bleeding had stopped around the 10th. I ovulated next on 20/21 Jan, and I'm now around 7weeks pregnant.

moominlike Fri 14-Mar-14 07:08:44

My first one was a mmc so it took a while for my body to realise things weren't right... I bled for two and a half weeks and got my next period about a month after the bleeding started, so about two weeks after it stopped altogether.

The second time it was more like a heavy period and I got my next period just a couple of days later than normal, so a slightly longer cycle length. I was 5 weeks that time so fingers crossed your cycle will also be back to normal quickly x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now