Talk

Advanced search

anyone had a positive fFn (preterm labour) test?

(5 Posts)
yummystepford Thu 13-Mar-14 17:42:32

I had a positive when I went into labour at 24 weeks, which was stopped. 3 weeks later and still pregnant smile but no idea what this means for the rest of my pregnancy. Anyone else had a positive test for preterm labour?

Hollymilli14 Fri 14-Mar-14 06:48:51

Hi.
i lost my show at 23+4 weeks and was bleeding and contracting.i was in labour and they stopped it,they managed to give me steriods and i was in hospital for over a week...
i had the test done which came back i was high risk of prem labour and my waters are sat in my cervix!
in now 29weeks and still no baby (which im happy about) they allowed me to come home and take it easy and told me if i went into labour they would allow me to carry on without stopping me now.
They said they would be very surprised if i make it to 30-32weeks.
my baby is really low down and im getting constant contractions but there irregular. Its basically a waiting game.
im prepared it could be anyday but still trying to stay calm.
Did they give you steriods for the baby? And are you at home? Its possible you could be like this for months...it just means there is a chance your baby could come early but not definite. I know its worrying though and confusing...x

CbeebiesIsMyLife Fri 14-Mar-14 07:05:52

Hi, with dd2 I had a positive ffn. The way it was described to me was a negative was a negative, but a positive meant there was a 50/50 chance of labour within 2 weeks.

The positive is less reliable as lots of things can affect it, for example having sex 24 hours before the test will mean a positive result, having a lot of discharge will result in a positive test.

I was given steroids and told to take it easy (when they were sure the contractions I'd been having had stopped) I gave birth to dd2 at 40+3

Hth

CbeebiesIsMyLife Fri 14-Mar-14 07:06:23

Sorry I should add the positive ffn came at 31 weeks

yummystepford Fri 14-Mar-14 10:00:04

I had the test because I was having contractions and was given drugs to stop it, steroids and stayed in hospital for a few days. Now I'm home, other than more regular checks they haven't said anything about what it means. Am I still at an increased risk? They said I could still go full term but I'm now seeing the midwife every 2 weeks and having a glucose test. At the hospital they only really told me what would happen if the baby came early, and nothing about what to expect for the rest of my pregnancy. Does anyone know if you can get a negative after a positive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now