Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dry skin around eye

(10 Posts)
nc060 Thu 13-Mar-14 08:57:08

Hi, I have a new "symptom" that I have never in my life experienced. The skin around my eyes is super dry and very painful. I have smothered it in nivea whihc provides relief for approx 10secs...any suggestions?

CaipirinhasAllRound Thu 13-Mar-14 09:36:06

I've been experiencing a similar thing, but mine's been like red dots and really dry. I'm now 35 weeks and it's also on my chin and round my nose and I feel like a right mess! I've just been using nivea too so don't have any solution for you but wanted to share

nc060 Thu 13-Mar-14 09:37:15

Thanks, Im going to go to the pharmacy at lunch time and see if something like aloe vera gel is an option as that would at least cool it and hopefully take some of the sting out of it!

K8eee Thu 13-Mar-14 09:39:38

Another pregnancy flaw sad I've had this for weeks around my chin,i've tried not wearing make up, moisturising and hydrocortisone cream but nothing really tackles it. Let me know if you find anything op!

BluegrassLass Thu 13-Mar-14 16:29:57

I've been using Dream Cream from Lush to tackle my dry skin. I have psoriasis, and have been trying not to use any of my steroid creams - Dream Cream has been the only thing to help keep my psoriasis under control.

nc060 Thu 13-Mar-14 16:41:35

Pharmacist gave me "Doublebase Gel" on the minor ailments as I made a point of mentioning pregnancy(as I dont get anything for free ever I am making the most of free things whilst pregnant!!) I put it on, took the sting away immediately, skin is still very red but it was the pain that was actually putting me off at work, had to go out at 10am!! xx

FirsttimerG Thu 13-Mar-14 18:35:54

I have blepharitis which can be similar symptoms (dry painful flaking eyelids) and the consultant at the eye hospital advised a hot damp flannel, held over the area for 5 mins, and then very gentle skin massage with your fingers (but don't rub our eyes. Ever)

Mcakes Fri 14-Mar-14 04:04:59

I am not pregnant but have just had a few weeks of dry, itchy skin under one eye. Looked like recurring patches of small white spots under skin that never came to surface, just went dry, scaly, red and v itchy. Self diagnosed on web and thought it was blepheritis.

Tried the warm damp towel thing, changing moisturiser, using evening primrose oil, moisturising loads. Nothing worked. Then read that it could have been caused by over moisturising in the first place (skin doesn't get chance to dry out and so becomes infected/irritated). I usually moisturise twice a day or more and put loads around my eyes.
I stopped using any products around eyes about 2 weeks ago and problem stopped too. Bingo! Skin almost completely clear now.

I had this, turns out it was a fungal infection, on my chin and round my mouth too. Dr prescribed Fucidin for all areas apart from eyes, but that cleared up fairly quickly.

Pregnancy is so glamorous grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now