Talk

Advanced search

am i arent i. short cycles. when to test?

(5 Posts)
nameno Thu 13-Mar-14 08:16:22

So here goes:
Not trying. A bit of an accident if so.
Normally have a 21 day cycle used to b 14 days but I got prescribed herbal medicines which seem to have worked. I think I suffered from low progesterone.
Last period started on the 16 th. Went abroad for a week. Could it have Messed up my cycle?
Really exhausted- getting up from sitting is not easy. I'm young in my twenties so not normal.
Aching lower back.
And really really warm which for me is the most unusual thing ever. Almost feverish in the morning.
And hungry also unusual for me.
Apart from that nothing else.

Dont want to test in case of an early miscarriage don't want that distress. Believe I had chemical pregnancies before. Once or twice in the last 6 months.

Many thanks

nameno Thu 13-Mar-14 08:18:28

Also itchy patches sometimes.

ElleDubloo Thu 13-Mar-14 08:24:56

If your main aim is to avoid the sadness of an early MC, which I completely understand, then the later you test the better. Truth is, you don't really need to know about a pregnancy earlier than 7 weeks (so that you can make the first antenatal appointment).

I've had 2 early MCs. Tested obsessively early both times, got the BFP around 4 weeks, then miscarried at 5 weeks both times. When we TTC'd again, I vowed not to test until my period was a whole month late. However, I couldn't help it and ended up testing at 5 weeks. (It was positive and I'm currently at 7+1.)

When to test depends on your personality. Personally, I'd do it after your period is later by a month or so. Unless you need to know sooner for practical purposes.

cookielove Thu 13-Mar-14 08:26:00

The only way to know is to test, if you had af a month ago according to your cycles you are late and late enough it won't be a chem pregnancy.

Good luck

squizita Thu 13-Mar-14 08:34:15

If you get a line on a home test it isn't a chemical pregnancy (1st thing: some GPs are ignorant about this) because line = implanted. With a chem pg, nothing implants, the cells join but never get settled. It's hard to detect true chem pgs in women who aren't having IVF etc', so try not to worry.

I have a 24 day cycle and never had a positive on the day I was due. I was 'late', so I tested on day 26/27 and then got a positive. So maybe try every 2-3 days if no period? It takes a couple of days for the HCG to made it's way into your urine you see.

Good luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now