Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cyst on my ovary - seen in scan

(7 Posts)
Sparkle9 Wed 12-Mar-14 19:18:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squizita Wed 12-Mar-14 19:36:14

There should be a working-hours phone number you can ring on your notes. Perhaps give them a bell and ask if it needs to be noted?

PickleMobile Wed 12-Mar-14 19:42:15

I had a large cyst discovered at my 12 week scan, the sonographer told me it might go away on its own as a lot do.

It was still there at my 20 week scan, and again at my extra 38 week scan. I was under a gynae consultant for my pregnancy anyway and he went through all my options.

I had another 2 scans after I'd had my baby, and the cyst was removed 2 months ago in an operation.

If it's small and not causing problems they will more than likely leave it and just check for it again at your 20 week scan. Mine was around 8cm big so it had to come out!

PickleMobile Wed 12-Mar-14 19:43:47

Oh, and my midwife never mentioned it to me in later appointments. don't think it was in my notes, only on the sonographer paperwork.

Monmouth Wed 12-Mar-14 21:42:12

It is common to get a cyst on the ovary that released the egg, known as a corpus luteal cyst, it usually resolves.

There is no need to tell your midwife, you need to ask the sonographer to have a look at your next scan, for most people thats at 11-14 weeks. It may still be there so they can check again at 19-20weeks.

Some people have larger cysts as mentioned by Pickle but it is more likely to be the above.

212smj Wed 12-Mar-14 22:23:58

I have one, I was told generally the ovary that 'did the job' might get one. Totally harmless if it's small. I'm now 34 weeks and it's still there, not causing me any problems. My consultant says it's nothing to worry about.

Sparkle9 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:53:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now