Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

really excellent care

(6 Posts)
GeraldineFangedVagine Wed 12-Mar-14 13:29:36

I just fancied starting a thread saying how good the care I've had during pregnancy by my hospital has been. I had a consultant appt yesterday and I was listened to, agreed with and treated like a human. I was referred for ptsd counselling, acupuncture for spd and had a quick scan just to see baby. My request for a c/section at term was granted and my high BMI was discussed but I didn't feel at all judged.
My appt lasted an hour and at no point was I rushed or felt I was taking up her time. All my midwifery appts, seeing the phlebotomist, even admission for pneumonia have been just as good. Im going to write to the chief exec as Im so shocked and impressed. Im a nurse myself and this is exactly how I should be making people feel. Well done Whittington Hospital!

Cariad007 Wed 12-Mar-14 13:39:01

They are amazing there aren't they? I had my son in their birthing centre three weeks ago and it was a wonderful experience. The care I received, from my booking-in appointment all the way through to the newborn screening tests, was excellent.

GeraldineFangedVagine Wed 12-Mar-14 13:49:40

Yes! Congratulations to you on your baby. Ive had really bad experiences in both my first pregnancy and more recently after a miscarriage at another London hospital so its brilliant to feel comfortable and safe.

Tomkat79 Wed 12-Mar-14 14:26:48

Lovely to read something positive. I had a MC early last year and the care then was unbelievably good. I'm a nurse to and wrote to the chief exec praising the staff.
Glad you are set for the birth you wanted ;-)

MrsM2013 Wed 12-Mar-14 16:19:09

So nice to read this! Everyone is very quick to assume their care is substandard - the health service is stretched to the max but there are excellent doctors, nurses, midwives, HCAs, HVs and loads of others out there who do an excellent job in difficult circumstances. Big NHS love smile

kittygirl33 Wed 12-Mar-14 16:37:45

I agree, I'm nearly 27 weeks and so far I've had excellent care (I'm in Scotland btw). I see the same midwife each time, everything is explained very well to me and so far the whole system has been very efficient. My blood type test came back to me within four days, which I thought was particularly good. Services are obviously stretched but everyone so far has been kind, caring and helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now