Talk

Advanced search

Emotional grumpy first timer

(4 Posts)
rdr15 Wed 12-Mar-14 11:41:26

Hi I'm 26 weeks with first pregnancy and this week my emotions are all over the place. I can't stop crying for no apparent reason and am constantly worrying about insignificant things. I've been off work this week with bad back pain which is stopping me from sleeping and making me feel miserable. I'm worrying about how much I'm eating can't seem to stop! Do these feelings ease off?? I don't want to spend the next 14 weeks feeling like this. The only thing that makes me smile atm is feeling my baby kick smile

K8eee Wed 12-Mar-14 17:01:27

Hi rdr. I'm 38 weeks and my moods and hormones have been up and down since I found out I was pg. my moods would change like flicking a light on and off. honestly it should get easier, just make sure you apologise for upsetting anyone. my tolerance level at the moment is in the minuses grin wink

Jolay100 Wed 12-Mar-14 18:09:53

I'm right there with you. 28 weeks first baby, feel like I've become huge in the last two weeks and suddenly getting all kinds of pains in hips, back and tummy. I think it's the realisation that I have another 12 weeks to go of feeling like this and in all probability worse ( sorry). Definately makes me emotional. I keep imagining meeting my baby at the end of it all though. It will be worth it. Hope you feel better soon.

kjh5 Wed 12-Mar-14 20:14:59

I'm 35 weeks and remember feeling exactly the same way as you for most of the second trimester. My back pain unfortunately hasn't gotten any better (I'm suffering from Pelvic Girdle Pain too), sleep is still elusive and I won't go into how much more uncomfortable I am right now BUT the end is in sight and my hormones seem to have calmed down so somehow - emotionally - this is all so much easier to deal with. You will feel better - sounds like you need some pampering or indulge in anything self-indulgent to cheer yourself up! It's the one time you can be truly selfish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now