Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private Scan at 30 wks +

(6 Posts)
MrsRV Tue 11-Mar-14 21:45:15

With DD1 I had little episodes of bleeding all the way through so had scans ftom 8 wks to 35 wks. with DD2, I'm 31 weeks (ummm... am I? I think... second pregnancy syndrome!) and only had (and likely to have) 12 week & 20 week? has anyone paid for a late private scan?

Misty9 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:51:23

Not sure if private would be better, but I had a 32 wk scan recently to check placenta position and it was rubbish as far as viewing the baby goes - looked like a weather map and I could only really make out a head!

Personally, unless you're worried, I'd save the money for something you need when the baby's here or a treat for yourself beforehand

lucy101 Tue 11-Mar-14 22:11:12

Yes, in all of my pregnancies. I go to the FMC in London which I can't recommend highly enough. I think it's around £150.

Boogles91 Tue 11-Mar-14 22:18:12

Id love a 4d one but hubbys says he dunt want to pay the money out sad

PuppyMummy Wed 12-Mar-14 06:43:51

were having a 4d scan at 31 weeks. Also had a private one at 9 weeks.

AuditAngel Wed 12-Mar-14 06:48:05

Like Misty I had a number of late scans, especially with DD2 and it really isn't as good as when they are smaller and you can see things clearly.

I wouldn't have one unless you are worried about something, in which case talk to your midwife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now