Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else with a baby that does not stop moving?

(11 Posts)
MicroPigInHighHeels Tue 11-Mar-14 15:52:56

Coming up to 34 weeks, 2nd baby. I felt flutters as early as 11/12 weeks, which was all lovely and reassuring, but since then the movements have turned into huge punches and kicks that just don't stop all day, every day. Please assure me this means I won't have a nightmare 2nd child. DH is convinced this one will never sleep, or sit still and will be one of those children that wonders about during lessons in school and runs riot in supermarkets.
Also, the only positive I can think is that perhaps I won't go 11 days overdue like I did with DS1 as this one seems to want to get out asap.
Anyone else have/had a very active baby? Did their behaviour match on the 'outside' and did you have them on or before due date?

ChicaMomma Tue 11-Mar-14 16:53:30

I havent had mine yet (am 26 weeks) but by god is it going to be a soccer player.. (it's a boy, apparently they kick more). I counted the other day and stopped at 25 kicks in about 10 mins... isnt the 'norm' 10 per hour? i also got the flutters around start of 2nd tri.. 14 weeks i think.

I do worry that they child will have ADHD or something. Also, i've noticed that if i eat a lot of sugar he goes completely bat-shit. Pancake tuesday was, let's just say, interesting. So i'm trying to steer clear of processed rubbish now!

The consultant tells me that ultimately it's a really good sign that he is getting enough nutrition to fuel him, and that she prefers seeing active babies than sedentary babies- but i will admit, i share your worries!!!

Misty9 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:24:28

I'm 36 weeks and this baby never stops moving! I took a video the other night as she was sticking limbs out and all sorts confused it was a bit gross to be honest! I was very surprised to hear it's another anterior placenta as with ds I hardly felt him, whereas this time I felt twinges since 9wks and definite movement since 14wks.

I too am worried I'm due a hyper one! Ds is as laid back outside the womb as he was inside...

kazza446 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:29:34

Yes, he often made me feel sick with his intense movement and yes, he's hyper now. 10 weeks old and doesnt like sleeping!! X

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 11-Mar-14 19:54:33

My DS kicked loads. Went 12 days overdue. He slept like a dream apart from the obligatory first few weeks of hell. He is so placid it's unreal. I thought i was having a tiny tearaway but he's one super chilled out dude.

Saying that though he does fidget a lot in his sleep like if he ends up in our bed for some reason. So maybe your bubs is just trying to get to the optimum comfy position.

Seff Tue 11-Mar-14 20:08:35

I'm also on second baby, and felt movements a lot earlier than I did with my first. This one is very wriggly, although I had an anterior placenta first time round so I don't know how much difference that made, DD was quite wriggly both in and out, she wasn't up for being swaddled anyway - she liked her space!

I'm convinced this one is bigger though, so maybe there's just less room this time.

Boogles91 Tue 11-Mar-14 22:59:54

Mines abit o the wild. Side, nd im 21wks. Just lately though iver the past couple of weeks ive noticed i will go a good two to three hiurs without a flutter and it worries me...is it something i should be worried about? Xx

AJay28 Wed 12-Mar-14 12:11:59

I'm only 25 weeks but little one seems to have no concept of sleep and is somewhat nocturnal!

They usually do a mad 20-30 mins of wriggling, rest for a few hours, then start up again! Then night time is one all night party in my stomach.

I am glad they are active, but it is pretty tiring as not getting much sleep at night!

Polyethyl Wed 12-Mar-14 12:15:57

Yes. Mine kicked like a can can dancer in a kung foo fight.
She does sleep well, but she is certainly an active little madam. Crawled at 6 months, toddled at 11 months and now at 13 months goes everywhere at the run and loves climbing - be it up me, over furniture, in the play park... climbs anything. I can foresee years of tree climbing ahead.

sambababy Wed 12-Mar-14 17:32:11

I can't comment on whether their activity in the womb reflects their behaviour once born, as this is DC1 for me. Super wriggly, not usually 15mins goes by without me feeling something. I can say that plenty of ladies on my antenatal thread have been into hospital several times in a panic because of not feeling movements, which must be terrifying. So we should all be thankful for our little ravers!

MicroPigInHighHeels Sun 16-Mar-14 17:06:59

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies, it all sounds quite normal then. I asked my midwife when I had my appt this week and she said pretty much all normal, particularly for 2nd time around. Baby also had a very loud heartbeat apparently so guess he/she just likes to make themselves known. Keeping fingers crossed for not being overdue as it is just very uncomfortable...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now