Talk

Advanced search

6 weeks and awful cramps

(9 Posts)
sarahfirstbabyxXx Tue 11-Mar-14 15:17:57

Last night I woke up in agony. My stomach was cramping and I had lower back pain. I checked the internet and it said to only be worried if I was bleeding, so was wondering whether anyone else has had this?

Thanks.

Stargirl7 Tue 11-Mar-14 15:20:28

Hey,

I had loads of horrific cramping up until I was 7 weeks and then saw a little bean on an early scan. I also had no bleeding, so don't worry too much! Could be stretching!

smile

sarahfirstbabyxXx Tue 11-Mar-14 15:33:33

Do you recommend going to see a doctor?

Slh122 Tue 11-Mar-14 15:37:50

Do you have an early pregnancy unit (EPU) at your local hospital? If so, you might be able to self refer there or ask your GP for a referral if you're worried.
I had severe cramps up until about 8 weeks but everything was fine. I think the general rule is cramps are okay on their own, cramps and bleeding together are not. flowers

TheBuggerlugs Tue 11-Mar-14 16:27:48

Sarah I had this and one night it was so bad I went to A&E. It's perfectly normal. If it is really painful you are totally fine to take paracetamols and if that doesn't do the trick co-codamol.

sarahfirstbabyxXx Tue 11-Mar-14 17:06:02

My husband suggested last night to take painkillers but I wasn't sure what I could take. I haven't been to see a health care professional yet and I haven't got an appointment with the midwife until I'm in my tenth week. If the cramps continue or get any worse I think I'll book an appointment to see my GP.

TheBuggerlugs Tue 11-Mar-14 17:07:16

You are perfectly ok to take paracetamol. I'm not trying to rubbish your fears but honestly cramps are fine. Look on the NHS website.

sarahfirstbabyxXx Tue 11-Mar-14 17:10:44

Don't worry about it. I know I'm probably just being stupid. But this is my first pregnancy and it's hard to know what's going on down there!

TheBuggerlugs Tue 11-Mar-14 17:14:34

I'm on my 4th (first 3 were mc's) and the worry over every little thing never goes. I'm 8 weeks today and already convinced it's over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now