Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eaten curdled buttercream while pregnant

(11 Posts)
mumtobe86 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:32:59

Hope this is the right section! I ate curdled buttercream this morning (in a rush and not thinking). Will it harm the baby? Its butter and icing sugar, made last night and left at room temperature.
Please help if you can x

cupcake78 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:34:22

It's more likely to make you feel a bit sickly than hurt baby. You'll be fine!

ChaffinchOfDoom Tue 11-Mar-14 09:36:01

did it taste curdled? yuck!
sounds totally safe to me regardez le bebe, don't panic grin

plantsitter Tue 11-Mar-14 09:37:05

You had buttercream for breakfast? I salute you!

You will know soon enough if you're ill and even then the baby will most likely be fine.

Martorana Tue 11-Mar-14 09:38:25

What do you mean by curdled? It won't have gone off overnight- and if the butter was bad it would taste disgusting- if it tasted OK it was fine. And even if it was off I doubt it would do you any harm- do you feel sick?

rachyconks Tue 11-Mar-14 09:41:48

Buttercream won't go off if left at room temp overnight. You'll be fine. So will the baby!

mumtobe86 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:43:21

Thanks everyone! I started icing with it but it looked a bit split, so stupidly I thought id eat a cupcake to see if youd notice before feeding them to other people (wally!) It tasted fine...just was worried itd hurt the baby. Im normally so careful, third trimester must be messing with my head!

Martorana Tue 11-Mar-14 09:45:59

If it tasted fine it was fine- honestly. Butter smells and tastes foul even if it's a little bit "off"

You can be too careful! you know! grin

mumtobe86 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:56:39

Thats probably true! I should avoid trying to be a domestic goodess by baking for my husbands collegues..what a failed goal today!

MrsMarigold Tue 11-Mar-14 10:01:45

I'm sure it's fine I always leave the butter out....

rachyconks Tue 11-Mar-14 12:14:45

My nan always kept her butter I the cupboard, in a butter dish. It never went in the fridge. It was always fine (and so much easier to spread!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now