Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SO many tightenings... sign that baby may come early?

(8 Posts)
Supercalafraga Mon 10-Mar-14 19:04:14

I'm 33 weeks, from 32 weeks I have been having regular tightenings / braxton hicks. They happen daily and go on for hours. They don't hurt but are really constrictive and tiring! They are also quite regular.
Mentioned to my midwife and she was a bit elusive as to if this is a sign to an early baby...
Baby is also head down - and has been since 28 weeks. Also measuring rather large and Im a shorty.

Anyone whose had loads of tightenings from early on and gone to full term/ over?

smile

Misty9 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:13:21

I'm afraid I had loads of tightenings with ds from about 20wk but went overdue with him. Having regular tightenings now at 36wks, some painful, and fully expect to go over with this one too!

PenguinsEatSpinach Mon 10-Mar-14 19:21:05

Yes, I had loads with my first and even more with my second. To the extent that I wondered if she would come before 37 weeks (when they would be happy to support my homebirth). She was 9 days late.

I am 34 weeks now and get loads of BH. I am not expecting this baby to put in an appearance any time before 41 weeks.

PenguinsEatSpinach Mon 10-Mar-14 19:21:22

Sorry, I'm 34 weeks with no. 3, that should say.

Supercalafraga Mon 10-Mar-14 19:23:47

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I can't bear the thought of going over... I'm so massive already! sad

PenguinsEatSpinach Mon 10-Mar-14 19:27:05

Try not to count it in days. Just focus on today.

I know how hard it is. Believe me. I was +8 and then +9 with my first two. I was an emotional wreck with the second one. This time, I have (so far) managed to maintain a lot more zen and perspective. Just try and make each day as good as it can be. Staying in the moment is good practice for dealing with labour if nothing else!

Try and think of other things you are looking forward to in the next few weeks. Easter must be quite soon before your due date? Doing anything nice with the double bank holiday?

Supercalafraga Mon 10-Mar-14 19:30:15

Thanks penguin!
I am definately going to take your advice! grin
Just going to try and enjoy the time with DH before we become 3!

Parliamo Mon 10-Mar-14 19:33:39

I'd guess more a sign you need to put your feet up more. Are you wearing flat shoes? Might sound weird but I had loads more bh if I was wearing heels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now