Talk

Advanced search

Pram sets

(13 Posts)
mostlyconfused Mon 10-Mar-14 18:09:05

I was just wondering how many bought a pram set?

I bought one for DD1 but ended up I didn't like the style so didn't use it. I just used a nice blanket and the cover that zipped into the pram.

I was thinking about getting one for DS2 but I find them really over priced and don't really want spend the money on them. Am I just being cheap? I know most of my friends have bought them and don't want to look mean and cheap. What are your thoughts?

MichaelFinnigan Mon 10-Mar-14 18:13:31

What is a pram set?

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Mar-14 18:17:26

What do you mean by a pram set?

HannahG315 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:27:58

Look at Nonnas Baby sleep mats

http://nonnasbaby.co.uk/baby-nap-mats/

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Mon 10-Mar-14 18:30:08

We were given one but didn't use it.
Not my taste.

They are completely useless to be fair, so no one will think you're being cheap. I've only seen a handful of pram sets out and about.

greentshirt Mon 10-Mar-14 18:52:27

What are they? Haven't heard of them before!

greentshirt Mon 10-Mar-14 18:54:39

Just googled them, I love that sort of thing but not for real life, if it was 1980 though and I had a silver cross original pram if be right in there!!grin

Fairypants Mon 10-Mar-14 22:14:49

I just had to google them too. As I don't think I've ever seen one in the uk (except for dolls) I wouldn't think it's cheap not to get one. They look really uncomfortable for baby and just a huge hassle to wash etc. I've only used blankets with my dcs and if that worked for you last time I'd go for the same plan.

AuditAngel Mon 10-Mar-14 22:23:16

I had one for the push chair, but it was made of small seersucker. It came from Spain., it was in 2 parts which zipped together.

I also had a couple of liners for the pushchair, before you could get them here. We still use one of them now.

I wouldn't buy the ones I saw on Google, too shiny, not aimed at my demographic.

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 10-Mar-14 22:26:52

Whats a pram set? I initially thought you meant like a Travel System but im not sure now

mostlyconfused Mon 10-Mar-14 23:02:45

It's like a fancy cover for placing over the baby in the pram.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/310872086403?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=m&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 10-Mar-14 23:27:31

Well, that is the very definition of fancy.

Jcb77 Tue 11-Mar-14 05:07:17

I'd say you're being sensible, not cheap. There's a huge marketing thing about what baby 'needs' and if you bought all of it, it'd cost you thousands. How long is LO going to be in a pram rather than a buggy anyway? Clearly once you've got every the baby actually 'needs' (which is not very much really) then the rest is down to personal choice. If it does it for you and you can afford it, go for it! But if it's not a necessity and you don't like it, or at least not enough to justify the spend, please don't feel you are being cheap. You aren't. Just sensible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now