Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

my hips feel like they're going to break :(

(4 Posts)
K8eee Mon 10-Mar-14 17:58:00

Am 38 weeks and for the last 45 minutes or so it's felt as though my hips are splitting. had a mw appt last week, baby is 3/5 of the way engaged, and VERY active. The feeling of pressure pushing my hips down and apart is constant, and every now and again, I get a sharp stabbing pain around my bikini line. normal? or should it be something I keep an eye on

ImBehindYou Mon 10-Mar-14 18:36:34

My hips feel like that too......smile

Peacenquiet2 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:45:44

K8eee, im also havin this pain and my pubic bones feel as though they are goin to split. Its gradually got worse in last few days as baby has engaged, luckily im having section tomorrow at 39+4.
I had it with dc2 as well and went 8 days over with him which was miserable.
Unfortunately at your stage all you can do is take paracetomol and rest (i also use a hot water bottle alot).
Thankfully for you, you dont have long to go, hope it flies quickly.

K8eee Mon 10-Mar-14 19:16:45

I've had groin and pelvic pain on and off since the beginning but managed to get by really well. then 3 weeks ago I took myself up the hospital as I had a lot of pressure down there. As you say it's baby getting itself in the right position and engaging it's head. If only it didn't have to be so smile painful! I think a warm bath may be in order before my weekly dose of one born every minute smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now