Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

blurred vision 39 weeks pregnant

(11 Posts)
NickysMam Mon 10-Mar-14 17:09:40

I've just had a sudden onset of blurred vision and my right eye is pounding. I have no other symptoms such as nausea or vomiting or any pain anywhere on my body (aside from my head).

Has anyone had this? I'm currently laying in bed trying to take it easy, maybe I'm exhausted?

Princessdeb Mon 10-Mar-14 17:12:14

Dear OP,
Could be nothing at all or could be something serious like pre-eclampsia. Please call your midwife/ booked birthing unit ASAP for advice. Good luck x

NickysMam Mon 10-Mar-14 17:13:54

okay princess, I've just Googled pre-eclampsia and I don't want to take my chances so I'll give them a call.

AcrossthePond55 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:15:01

Maybe something or nothing. The possibilities are endless.

Call your doctor or midwife. When you're pregnant, you need to get expert advice for anything that seems out of the norm.

AuntieMaggie Mon 10-Mar-14 17:16:45

Was just coming to say the same as princess - the headache and vision thing was one of the things my mw warned me about. Make sure you call a number where you'll get an immediate response (I have one for routine questions and one for emergencies)

MrNorfolk Mon 10-Mar-14 17:16:52

Get the pressure in your eye checked. Hospital or optician can do this.

ZingSweetMango Mon 10-Mar-14 17:18:22

good you are talking to a MW/doctor.

it could be that baby has shifted in a way that is now pressing on your spine and nerves which affects your vision.

(I had a brief episode of speech disturbance once, it is scary when these things happen)

could be a migraine and any number of things.

fx it will pass soon.

crashbangboom Mon 10-Mar-14 17:36:24

Call midwife and get checked.
I went partially blind when pregnant no explaination.

balenciaga Mon 10-Mar-14 17:39:45

oh god op hope you are ok, how scary

keep us posted when you can x

Spaghettinetti Mon 10-Mar-14 17:41:35

It might not be anything pregnancy related at all. It could be an eye infection of some sort. It is best to check with your MW, just to make sure. How's your blood pressure? If your BPs OK and these no protein in your wee, it's unlikely to be PE. X

Spaghettinetti Mon 10-Mar-14 17:42:11

'There's' not 'these'...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now