Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Early Pregnancy Spotting - 17DPO

(10 Posts)
artylady14 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:20:46

I got a BFP on 13dpo and 14dpo with CB digi and had had no spotting up to that point. Day 15 was pinkish when I wiped with TP and yesterday I got spotting for the first time. I have more today in that it is brown when I wipe too as well as the spot on my knickers. I went to the Dr today and he is arranging for me to have a scan at the Early Pregnancy Unit. I don't have cramps, just very slight tummy upset, but I don't know if that's nerves. Has anyone else had experience of this? Thanks for any advice.

Sparkle9 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:22:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

artylady14 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:33:29

I have to pick up the referral form my Dr has prepared tomorrow. I will ask not to go before I'm 6 weeks pregnant as I gather there wont be much to see. I was told they would check my blood for the HCG levels so hope it all happens on the same day? I hope it goes away soon.

Sparkle9 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:56:07

artylady14 Tue 11-Mar-14 10:47:06

Thanks for your response Sparkle9, I don't know about any of this. I will go right away then. I have woken up with heavier spotting today and think it will put my mind to rest. I didn't think it was going to show anything as this is now only my 5th week. I thought an empty sac wouldn't prove anything. Real newbie! Good luck to you too, just a couple of weeks ahead smile

artylady14 Wed 12-Mar-14 17:52:45

I had a scan today at 4w5d and it showed up nothing at all. The Dr at the hospital said it was too early. I had a blood test done and they will tell me tomorrow the result and from what it says, when I should go back for a scan. I am quite worried now as today, after 4 days of brown spotting, I now have red blood like my period sad

Sparkle9 Wed 12-Mar-14 19:13:25

artylady14 Wed 12-Mar-14 20:52:08

Bad news. The Dr called me tonight. I have a very low HCG of 53 and v.low progesterone at 1.2. I have to go in seven days for another blood test to confirm miscarriage if the numbers have gone lower. There is no way I am in any earlier stage of pregnancy as I have injured my back and not dtd since (tmi). And obviously there's my cramp and bleeding. I just hope I don't have this isn't going to be a recurrent thing sad

Congrats on seeing the heartbeat, Sparkle. I hope you keep well for the rest of your term smile

Sparkle9 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:26:38

Snook99 Thu 13-Mar-14 09:57:44

I'm really sorry to hear that I had exactly the same just before Christmas, and was deverstated! Doctor told me to have a period then keep trying, if I felt it was right. Now I am pregnant again only 5 + 6 weeks but I'm just staying positive and hoping this time is better! How ever hard it is you've got to just see it as a statistic and not that there's anything wrong with you or hubby or you will just stress yourself out! I hope you've got lots of support! x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: