Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early Pregnancy Spotting - 17DPO

(10 Posts)
artylady14 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:20:46

I got a BFP on 13dpo and 14dpo with CB digi and had had no spotting up to that point. Day 15 was pinkish when I wiped with TP and yesterday I got spotting for the first time. I have more today in that it is brown when I wipe too as well as the spot on my knickers. I went to the Dr today and he is arranging for me to have a scan at the Early Pregnancy Unit. I don't have cramps, just very slight tummy upset, but I don't know if that's nerves. Has anyone else had experience of this? Thanks for any advice.

Sparkle9 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:22:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

artylady14 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:33:29

I have to pick up the referral form my Dr has prepared tomorrow. I will ask not to go before I'm 6 weeks pregnant as I gather there wont be much to see. I was told they would check my blood for the HCG levels so hope it all happens on the same day? I hope it goes away soon.

Sparkle9 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:56:07

artylady14 Tue 11-Mar-14 10:47:06

Thanks for your response Sparkle9, I don't know about any of this. I will go right away then. I have woken up with heavier spotting today and think it will put my mind to rest. I didn't think it was going to show anything as this is now only my 5th week. I thought an empty sac wouldn't prove anything. Real newbie! Good luck to you too, just a couple of weeks ahead smile

artylady14 Wed 12-Mar-14 17:52:45

I had a scan today at 4w5d and it showed up nothing at all. The Dr at the hospital said it was too early. I had a blood test done and they will tell me tomorrow the result and from what it says, when I should go back for a scan. I am quite worried now as today, after 4 days of brown spotting, I now have red blood like my period sad

Sparkle9 Wed 12-Mar-14 19:13:25

artylady14 Wed 12-Mar-14 20:52:08

Bad news. The Dr called me tonight. I have a very low HCG of 53 and v.low progesterone at 1.2. I have to go in seven days for another blood test to confirm miscarriage if the numbers have gone lower. There is no way I am in any earlier stage of pregnancy as I have injured my back and not dtd since (tmi). And obviously there's my cramp and bleeding. I just hope I don't have this isn't going to be a recurrent thing sad

Congrats on seeing the heartbeat, Sparkle. I hope you keep well for the rest of your term smile

Sparkle9 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:26:38

Snook99 Thu 13-Mar-14 09:57:44

I'm really sorry to hear that I had exactly the same just before Christmas, and was deverstated! Doctor told me to have a period then keep trying, if I felt it was right. Now I am pregnant again only 5 + 6 weeks but I'm just staying positive and hoping this time is better! How ever hard it is you've got to just see it as a statistic and not that there's anything wrong with you or hubby or you will just stress yourself out! I hope you've got lots of support! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now