Talk

Advanced search

Doctor / Midwife

(6 Posts)
jigsaw8 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:07:18

Just found out i'm pregnant with 2nd baby. grin

Was just wondering...

With my 1st pregnancy I went straight to the doctor and they sent me on to the midwife, do I do the same this time and go to the doctor first or go straight to the midwife instead?

Flickstar Mon 10-Mar-14 16:08:24

I think it varies depending in surgery and area. Maybe give them a call and they can advise? Congratulations!

rachyconks Mon 10-Mar-14 16:09:48

Just make an appointment for booking in with the midwife. That's what I did. Your GP receptionist should be able to advise you anyway.

rachyconks Mon 10-Mar-14 16:10:06

Congrats btw!!! gringrin

jigsaw8 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:12:23

Thanks! Going to ring now! grin

WanderingGecko Mon 10-Mar-14 18:00:35

When I was pregnant for the first time (ended in mmc last August) I went to the doctor and she said "Well why are you telling me? You need a midwife!" and generally treated me like an idiot. Their reception desk gave me the number of a midwife and I had to call and call over several days until I got through. I left that surgery and went back to my childhood one where last week they were delighted to hear that I'm pregnant again and made a midwife appointment for me :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now