Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby Showers (again!)

(8 Posts)
biglill Mon 10-Mar-14 14:27:14

My best friend is having a baby shower organised for her by work colleagues. I am at a loss as to what to take, it is her third baby so won't need books etc. She is very special to me so would like to get her something special/personal rather than just usual tat. Suggestions of usual tat also welcome as I might get her some of that too just can't think what. Any suggestions welcome.

HannahG315 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:56:35

Get a present for her. A post baby massage or spa treatment one if those 'new mum' bath sets.

I'm pregnant with my first, but I would love a bit of indulgence! Plus you get soooo much stuff you don't need, that times 3 I imagine she would be grateful for something for herself to make her feel less pregnant and more human!

RhubarbCrumble1 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:21:59

for a 'me' baby shower gift I'd love a massage especially foot one or Indian head massage.
I'd love a beautiful soft shawl/pashmina for after the babies born.
I'd love a Dior lip gloss or l'occitane hand cream.
I'd love half a dozen Tupperware pots of homemade freezer goodies such as curry, casserole, crumble for post baby.
Any of the above would be good...for me anyway!

HannahG315 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:20:24

Feeling that rhubarb crumble!

P.s. get to Ikea for Tupperware! They do a ridiculous large multipack for like £3!!

MummyBeerest Mon 10-Mar-14 18:28:16

Maybe a baby photo album/picture frame?

And washcloths. You can never ever have enough of those.

Snowflake27 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:57:47

I love the idea of freezer foods as another poster suggested, I recently made up a baby pack for my friend. A cotton shopping bag from a craft shop which I sewed a felt flower on then packed it with Muslins, sudacrem, baby wipes, cotton wool pads, scratch mits, nappies, nice moisturiser for her hands, basically the necessaries plus some treats.

ElleDubloo Tue 11-Mar-14 09:14:47

I love Hannah's idea of buying something for the mum rather than the baby.

Alternatively, if you want to get something for the baby, maybe a new teddy or other toy, so it doesn't just get hand-me-downs.

CuppaSarah Tue 11-Mar-14 09:22:47

Socks! Those tiny little buggers always seem to go missing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now