Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section in 2 days and DH driving me mad...

(7 Posts)
floppops Mon 10-Mar-14 11:33:40

Booked in for c section on Wednesday ( second DC ), and my DH is driving me up the wall. He wouldn't go to work today in case I go into labour early.. But I think he'd just rather be at home. He won't do anything I ask him to like DIY that needs to be done and never helps with housework so hes really not helping being here. He also won't help with our DD today either as he may have work to do from home.
All this I can cope with but this morning as he was making himself breakfast I put his dishes in the sink and he shouted that he was going to fucking do it. He wouldnt have..hasnt put a dish away in 8 years.I just can't stand him talking to me like this especially when this pregnant and with DD right there.
Sounds petty I know but I wish he'd be kind to me and not swear and shout at me.
I've talked to him about this before but he always says I'm unstable due to the pregnancy which isn't fair.

blueberryupsidedown Mon 10-Mar-14 11:37:47

Oh dear!! Tell him that it upsets you to be shouted at. That's not nice at all.

Just don't do anything extra because he is there and don't let it get to you! Get him to make you a cup of tea. Get him to hoover the bedroom and change the sheets. Go out for a walk together, it's a lovely day where we are...

PhantomMenace Mon 10-Mar-14 11:42:10

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he was just stressed about the impending delivery. However from reading through your post he does sound rather abusive, does he usually talk to you like this?.

floppops Mon 10-Mar-14 11:46:51

There's no way he'd hoover or change sheets. He won't even put rubbish in the bin or a cup in the dishwasher! He says he's got work to do from home now so he's on his computer.
I tell him a lot not to shout and swear at me and that it's not good for me, the baby or DD but he doesn't seem to care.
I've hired a cleaner for once a week now as I won't be able to do it all when I'm recovering from the c section.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 10-Mar-14 11:48:55

OP I am so sorry that he is being such a knob. How dare he swear at you sad at ANY time, let alone now.

You deserve better. Best of luck with your section. Glad you have a cleaner coming too, but what kind of man doesn't ever lift a finger to help?

peeapod Mon 10-Mar-14 12:10:05

iv been having similar problems with my dh. But i wrote down a list of essential things that i do every day just to keep the house ok and it shocked him into helping because he didnt realise what was involved.
For 6 weeks after your c you shouldn't be doing anything more than looking after baby...

I got some reassurance last week that the start of labour is usually slow and will give me enough time to get to hospital so i can still have my c section. I know its your second, but this should be more reassuring to both of you, knowing how long it could take?
I presume you have the same reassurance re going into labour early ans still having a c?

floppops Mon 10-Mar-14 12:18:07

Yes I think it'll be fine if I do go into labour-will just go in and have the section as and when.
But DH is really stressed and panicky-he doesn't cope well in these situations. Which I know, I just wish I could make him understand that being abusive to me upsets me so much.
He has apologised for this morning but also said he swore but not at me??! There's always a but with his apologies and it just happens over and over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now