Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My belly stopped growing

(7 Posts)
velvetlilithi Mon 10-Mar-14 11:28:57

Hi, I'm 11+3 now and I'm starting to be worried. My pre-pregnancy size around belly was 73 cm. At 6 weeks it was already 85 cm and 7 weeks 87 cm. From that time (for last 4 weeks) my belly didn't change size, didn't grow at all. Also I didn't gain any weight at all.

Can it mean that something is wrong with baby? Or is it normal that sometimes belly start getting bigger and then just stops?

I know that usually on the start of pregnancy it's just bloating and not baby, but as I was told by everyone around, that wasn't bloating but proper little pregnancy belly.

I know it can sound stupid for someone and I'm sorry, but this is my first baby and I just wan't to be sure everything is okay and I'm not missing some signs.

Thank you.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 10-Mar-14 11:30:35

it WAS bloating
your baby is still behind your pubic bone
i wouldn't worry

squizita Mon 10-Mar-14 11:42:33

It was bloating: they look the same. 1st baby rarely show that early I've been told.

I am 13+, had a scan on my FLAT belly last week and baby was good size. But when I am 'windy' I get a very pregnant looking bump which vanishes once I've been to the loo.

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 11:45:39

It was definitely bloating. My belly was bigger at 11 weeks than 14 weeks, gong by how comfortable my jeans were at each stage (had to undo them every time I sat down at 11 weeks!) and I didn't realise I was bloated. Belly flat (as much as it ever was) by 14 weeks, not showing properly until somewhere between 18 & 22 weeks, outfit dependant.

velvetlilithi Mon 10-Mar-14 13:00:52

Al right, thanks for reassuring me. It was just that my sister who has 4 kids told me that the way my belly is shaped isn't bloating as it's not where stomach or bowels are, but belly growing at the lower abdomen (where uterus is)...

Probably I'm just worrying too much smile I don't know what normal is or isn't.

Thanks all of you.

everythinghippie29 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:03:03

Yep, not to worry! I was HUGE early on but there was a definite difference when the baby was finally big enough to be above the pubic bone area.

Stomach size/weight gain doesn't always relate to growth and size of the baby so try not to worry.

I remember that early on though and I was a paranoid bag of nerves, so easier said than done! grin

Congratulations thanks

velvetlilithi Mon 10-Mar-14 16:10:20

Okey doke smile I wish I had a nice big belly to be proud of :D It would be more real and reassuring.

Well, still need to survive until my dating scan 26th March, first scan ever so can't wait. Another 2 weeks and 2 days.

Thank you so much everythinghippie29 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now