Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Private Scans - West Midlands

(11 Posts)
MrsDinoRawr Mon 10-Mar-14 09:40:28

Hi,

I have been having spotting and I am quite worried as last time I had a miscarriage. I am 9 weeks but I am considering going for a private scan as I have been told the first scan might not even be until 14 weeks.

Has anyone had one in the Solihull/West Midlands area that they can recommend?

Many thanks.

Only1scoop Mon 10-Mar-14 09:44:02

You have Mums in the centre of Solihull they can usually get you in quite quickly.

Banana82 Mon 10-Mar-14 09:45:00

Hi Dino. Sorry to hear you are having problems. I had spotting right through until 13 weeks and am now 25 and everything is going well so try not to let it worry you although easier said than done I know!

I went to a lovely place called MUMS in Solihull for a scan at 8 weeks and for a gender scan at 17 weeks. The early scan was approx �80 if I recall and worth every penny for me certainly. I cannot recommend the place highly enough. They are based on a small road off the Warwick Road in the centre of Solihull.

MrsDinoRawr Mon 10-Mar-14 09:53:31

Thank you for your help. I have contacted midwife who said to see GP and that he might refer me to EPAC for an early scan. If not I think I will definately book a scan at Mums. I just need some reassurance I think. The stress and worry is making me feel ill. Never thought I would find pregnancy this hard.

Snobble Mon 10-Mar-14 12:26:40

I used Premier scans, they were quick to book me in & very helpful and patient with all my questions.

SweetLittleBee Mon 10-Mar-14 13:50:57

MUMS in Solihull were great, really thorough and reassuring. X

Lozmatoz Mon 10-Mar-14 14:44:48

You don't have to pay for a private scan. Hospitals have EPUs (early pregnancy units). Go to your GP, midwife Or an NHS walk-in clinic and ask to be referred.

Stargirl7 Tue 11-Mar-14 14:58:27

I had an early scan from NHS at 7 weeks with a heartbeat etc, but cannot stop worrying as symptoms are subsiding sad
So I have booked an appointment for ten week scan this weekend with MUMS in Solihull! I say if you're worried, it is worth the price for peace of mind.

HowAboutNo Tue 11-Mar-14 15:29:05

Google Cherish Private Scanning. They are in that area and worth their weight in gold.

louloubellamozzarella Tue 11-Mar-14 17:08:51

Another vote for MUMS. Their scanning equipment was really good so we were shocked at the difference in quality of our 8 and 12 wk scans!

Brummiegirl15 Tue 11-Mar-14 17:44:32

I work in Solihull and my pregnant colleagues ALL had private scans with MUMS and raved about it. Well worth the £80 and you can have scan as early as 7 weeks.

When I finally start TTC and hopefully conceive I will be straight to MUMS for a scan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now