Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really worried...

(4 Posts)
prettyinpink90 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:32:41

I am absolutely fuming and panic stricken (this will probably sound really silly!). Currently 34+2 and the in-laws invited us round for dinner tonight. As I was eating I noticed a few pieces of raw bacon! They have no idea how they got in there and insist that they used a separate chopping board for the bacon and the cheese that I put all over my pasta. I'm not convinced whatsoever at all and now worried that everything was contaminated and it will make my baby really really poorly?

I've been so careful about what I've been eating and how it's prepared during pregnancy... I won't be letting anyone else cook for me for the remainder angry

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 20:45:31

Should be OK if it's bacon (--she says knowing she would be sticking her fingers down her throat while panic driving to the night clinic--). Bacon has been salted and processed a lot. Also, only certain tummy bugs (in the unlikely event you even get one) are problematic; others are horrid but don't harm baby.

If you're worried your GP or MW might be able to give you a check up and blood test just in case, and give you antibiotics of needed?

Tomkat79 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:27:38

Please don't panic. Even if did get a bit of d&v etc then baby will be well protected. I'm sure you're stomach will deal fine...could be unlikely that you didn't have any uncooked meat.

Not too sure tho that GP or MW would offer drugs/bloods for this kind of thing squiz? Just likely to recommend fluids etc

juliec26 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:37:26

I got food poisoning when 28 weeks pregnant with dd had bad v/d for 6 hours ... We were both fine .. Please don't worry.. Mine was from sausages! I am sure you won't be ill but if you did just drink lemonade to keep sugars/salts up x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now