Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I be worried i'm Miscarrying

(21 Posts)
Concerned1990 Sun 09-Mar-14 18:52:02

I had an internal scan Friday and they saw a sac and said everything looked okay it was perfectly round but it was to early to see anything else and they took my blood to monitor my BHCG and said they'd arrange another scan in 7-10 days time but I was to come back today to redo the blood test to make sure I was doubling.

I woke up this morning and went to the loo and when I wiped it was brown but still stringy (sorry tmi) I had to go back to the hospital for my second blood test and I must have stopped in every toilet to make sure it wasn't bright red. She took my blood and told me to wait for the dr so I could get my results from Friday.

Whilst waiting I went to the loo and it was bright red I told the nurse and the doctor and nurse examined me and said she could see a very small amount of blood but it was old and she explained it had clotted nicely together and my cervix was closed so I was okay and she was perfectly happy and sent me home with my BHCG results which were 469.

She told me that she would get my results back today and if anything was wrong she would call me if not I won't hear from her until tomorrow and everything is fine.

She said to call if it gets heavier and clotting occurs, it is still there but getting lighter and less of it I think. She never rang me so am I being stupid worrying myself over this?

Nothing has come onto my pad but I'm just worried. If I was already having a mc she would of said when she was examining me right?

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 19:23:38

Most EPUs would give you a scan just to check, and give you a call whatever the result! They should have the sense to know you'll be so worried.

I have a history of MC and with my losses the blood got worse and worse.

With this pg, I had 2 bleeds that were very light and tailed off over a day.

But I'm no medic! Your blood results will be on their computer- ring the hospital and ask for the duty mudwife/gynie doc, they'll be able to read the 2nd set of bloods off the screen and tell you what to expect. I've done this before and they were happy to help.

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 19:24:33

PS- sorry crucially this pregnancy the bleeds were nothing to worry about. But I got them checked out of course, as you did.

Boogles91 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:34:39

When i miscarried it was orangy red :s but there was alot of it on the paper. Then for the next four days it was old blood. The doc examined me but she really poked my stomach so hard i jolted with the pain! Then afterwards it turned dark red and that night i lost baby. I swear to this day though that that woman did something to me! Cus i was fine just abit worried abiut what was going on, dint have cramps jus bleedin...then she poked the shit outa ma stomach n it happened xx

Concerned1990 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:42:24

I had the scan friday but nobody was scanning at the weekend :S I had to wait 2 hours just to speak to the Dr.

I am worried but I don't want them to think I'm being really pushy sad

I'll try ringing them now

Concerned1990 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:56:05

My levels are 598 they haven't doubled she thinking I'm going to miscarry

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 20:18:54

Concerned Oh no I am so sorry. I hope it isn't so but if it does happen, these guys are wonderful for support, they have a helpline and forum and are so caring: www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/ . The MN forum is also great.

It's utterly utterly awful and tragic if it does happen. Take care of yourself. Take time to recover.

Concerned1990 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:26:22

They've only raised about 27% she was expecting at least 60% well she said if it was a nomal pregnancy that's what she would expect.

I'm either going to miscarry as I'm already having blood or I'm having an ectopic pregnancy. Their is a slim chance that everything is fine it's just to early to tell yet but that's very slim.

I'm devastated. She wasn't even going to ring me

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 20:30:38

sad How insensitive of her. I'm sorry you found out like that - some medics don't think of the stress, just the physical side.

Keeping everything crossed that it's that slim chance things are OK.

Concerned1990 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:41:29

It's thrown me the lady earlier said my cervix were closed and it was just old blood which had already clotted niceley together.

She totally ruled that out and said it's basically the ectopic or miscarriage and I just have to wait in limbo till my scan which is at least a week away sad She wouldn't even check my tubes to rule out that the egg isn't in their sad

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 20:51:48

sad They should check your tubes really- when is your scan?

Try calling tomorrow: the gynie consultant may be able to explain better and check your tubes (sadly this is my tip as a recurrent MCer... people say 'ectopic', cause terror, then don't follow up. Gynie consultant either reassures or scans. Well, that's been my experience). If a sac is seen in the uterus, the risk of ectopic is lower though, and you have seen that.

Just keeping fx for you. thanks

Concerned1990 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:04:36

I haven't been booked In for a scan yet sad

I'll try again tomorrow and ask for them to check my tubes. She saw the sack it was 3.5mm said it was perfectly rounded and she didn't think I was having an ectopic on Friday.

How can it be ectopic of it's in the uterus? sad

MabelMay Mon 10-Mar-14 04:39:31

It can't be ectopic if she saw the sac in the uterus, surely.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you OP - it might all still be okay - try not to panic (although I know that's almost impossible) - especially as you're not cramping yet and there's not that much blood. Hang in there. I've had two MCs myself so I know what a horrible time it is. Hopefully all will be good with you, though, and the baby's a sticky one.

Concerned1990 Mon 10-Mar-14 08:49:02

That's what I thought.

The blood has stopped which is good and I'm getting a little cramping but that's normal and maybe a little pain in my cervix but that seems normal too.

fingers crossed

Concerned1990 Mon 10-Mar-14 09:51:16

Back down epu bleedings come back and worse.

sad

KitKat1985 Mon 10-Mar-14 11:25:07

Sorry to hear that concerned1990. thanks Did you get a scan whilst in the epu? xxx

Concerned1990 Mon 10-Mar-14 11:39:05

Just got home

Cervix is still firmly closed and the blood is gone it was just old blood
Repeat hcg test tomorrow then we all going from there

Fingers crossed

KitKat1985 Mon 10-Mar-14 11:45:18

Wishing you luck for tomorrow. xx

Concerned1990 Mon 10-Mar-14 12:41:26

Thank you

MabelMay Mon 10-Mar-14 16:19:45

Just checking in to see how things going for you concerned. Great that the bleeding has stopped. Fingers crossed and wishing you all the very best of luck for tomorrow. It's such a horrible time being in this state of limbo. Hope you get happy news. Keep us posted.

Concerned1990 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:09:27

Hi MableMay

Well she said there was no new blood it was all old however It still there when I wipe or if I put my finger up there their is a lot more

I just want to know whats happening sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now