Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

18weeks and I don't feel pregnant???

(8 Posts)
Blondebrunette1 Sun 09-Mar-14 18:17:25

I am 18 weeks pregnant with number 3 but my bump is tiny in comparison with past pregnancies, I thought I felt movement before but now I feel nothing at all. My small bump when I was in bath earlier was hard in part and I thought that it felt like baby but still I feel nothing (even when i put my hand on it) despite the obvious prominent part of my bump seeming to be baby. Am I being silly? I haven't called a midwife, since one of them suggested I'm anxious and spoke to me like i was an idiot explaining they cant stop conditions developing all because I reminded them last pregnancy I had complications because my midwife failed to spot vital & obvious signs and I wanted to make sure they checked properly this time. Anyway, in short she already thinks I'm just a worrier and whilst I am concerned I know it's very early to be feeling lots so wanted some advice on whether to call or if I just need to be patient and wait and see at my next appointment in just over a week?

Blondebrunette1 Sun 09-Mar-14 18:19:04

That was confusing I thought the hard prominent part of bump felt like baby from outside but I feel nothing from inside even when I put my hand on it.x

Giraffeski Sun 09-Mar-14 18:20:02

Maybe you have an anterior placenta?

theowlwhowasafraidofthedark Sun 09-Mar-14 18:22:11

I've been like this with dc3 until last week. Bump has suddenly popped out and look around 6 months pg.Only started feeling movements at 19 weeks. All pregnancies seem to be different...

Blondebrunette1 Sun 09-Mar-14 18:34:16

I haven't usually felt movements early & I am
still a bit sick but I guess not feeling even flutters when baby seems to be right there is why I'm feeling like this. I didn't consider I may have an anterior placenta I guess only the scan will tell. Nice to know I'm not the only one though x

Boogles91 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:51:38

By your stage i could feel everything going on smile he uses my bladder as a daily punchbag now smile the other day it felt like my belly was. Vibrating lol he must of been swimming in there :p i get the hard lumps, its when our lil man is sticking his arse up, as my belly goes lobsided x

McBaby Sun 09-Mar-14 19:53:32

The lump may be the placenta with the baby hiding behind this is what I had with my first pregnancy.

Blondebrunette1 Mon 10-Mar-14 09:47:09

Thanks everyone I feel a lot better now, my husband has been reminding me I have never felt movements much at this stage, for some reason as my bumps smaller I just feel like I should be. Ill sit tight until scan next week I'm sure Ill feel more soon. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now