Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4 wks to go dc3 Dh says I'm failing miserably at being a good wife

(12 Posts)
juliec26 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:26:12

.. Just that really .. I feel really hurt by what he said which came out of a row around the fact he never asks how I am or how I'm feeling ... Don't get me wrong I know I can be hardwork, but have SPd, 2 other dc and stopped work Friday to go on mat leave .. Want to scream and tell him to just leave ., meant to be at outlaws for dinner, but as not speaking I said best he takes kids and he agreed ����

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 09-Mar-14 16:27:19

He sounds a treat! What things has he listed which make you a bad wife?

juliec26 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:42:45

Oh that I stop him doing all the things he wants ... Because of my inability to look after kids due to the fact I can barely move .. Says I'm the selfish one and that I talk at him all the time rather than to him ....feel sad as would sort of like to at least try and enjoy last few weeks, but so cross I want him nowhere near me.. Just want to be looked after a bit if that makes sense and to be put first

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 16:52:14

I think you're right to be angry. How 'me me me' of him!!! angry

I must be a terrible wife. Puking my guts up and clinical anxiety in trimester 1. DH had to learn to use the hoover, ironing board etc' and did so without a murmer.

In sickness and in health, innit. Sometimes DH has to do the 'looking after' other times I do.

RedorBlack Sun 09-Mar-14 16:55:14

Sounds like he is failing to be a good husbandhmm

You're 8 months pregnant, in pain, knackered and hormonal, his only excuse is being a knob confused

Sorry op, hope he snaps out of it soon

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 09-Mar-14 16:57:57

Is this a recent development?

Artandco Sun 09-Mar-14 16:59:51

Wow! Is he always like this? He should be giving you massages, taking the other children out so you can rest etc

juliec26 Sun 09-Mar-14 17:02:45

Lol your posts made me laugh . .. He's like just get that baby out so I can have my wife back .... Agreed poor him how hard he must of had it for last 9 months .. For me practically the last 36 weeks I've had nausea/dizzy spells .. See consultant due to under active thyroid and huge baby monthly.. In daily agony with sdp with no relief . Anxiety most days, which would usually be stopped by a few Vinos but clearly not now!! Knob indeed smile

juliec26 Sun 09-Mar-14 17:04:19

He was much better in my last pregnancy this time he has no time for it ...I think he doesn't ask how I am as he doesn't want to deal with reply

cathpip Sun 09-Mar-14 18:25:50

Your dh and my dh must have taken the same "how to be an utter knob during pregnancy" class. I am also 36 weeks with a large baby (no spd, you have my sympathy as my hips and back just hurt) and 2 other dc. Unfortunately my twat of a dh dislocated his collar bone last week whilst pratting about on a lads ski holiday, so he is now short tempered and snapping at the dc, and complaining about the fact that I am unwilling to drive far (bump pressing on steering wheel). Apart from the fact that I am having to bathe him and drop him off at the train station each day for work, do everything for him, he is moaning about my yawning and general tiredness in the evening and the fact that it's pissing him off, apparently it's not like I have a lot to do at home all day.......

juliec26 Sun 09-Mar-14 18:56:29

Oh cath .. It's upsetting and soooo annoying .. I look awful and struggle to walk yet he seems to just ignore it.. Dh has man flu and has made the biggest fuss .. Sniffing, sighing, snapping At dc as he has a headache .. I'm like have some cold and flu tablets get on with it oh and for your sake pray I don't get it smile .. Your good doing so much for Dh .. I text mine hours ago as he is with dc at PIL and still no reply!! Begin to wonder if he would have even if I was telling him I was in labour! .. Here's hoping they man up x

livingzuid Sun 09-Mar-14 19:20:18

What is wrong with some of these men. Hg inflicted here, can't work or contribute financiay, helping round the house and sorting dog out is sporadic (was non existent in first tri) and dh has picked it all up cheerfully and told me to rest and not worry.

There is no excuse for this twattish selfish behaviour. I'm so sorry you have this op. I'd be screaming at him to get out too if I were you! Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now