Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My uterus feels like it's coming unstuck when I cough or sneeze!

(5 Posts)
MissLemonsEyebrows Fri 07-Mar-14 11:20:21

So I'm about 9 weeks pregnant for the first time, and I've had a cold for ages. Every time I cough or sneeze I get a painful stabbing sensation that I've somehow coughed my uterus loose from its moorings and it's hanging on by tiny, fraying threads. I am worried it might...I don't know, fall off! Drop into my abdominal cavity never to be seen again! I end up clutching my midsection and hoping things settle down, which they generally do. Is this something I should trouble my GP with (booking in isn't for another month or so), or just part of the gestational fun and games?

squizita Fri 07-Mar-14 11:28:49

I had similar and was similarly terrified. I think the muscles are soft so they feel bad when you sneeze, fart or poo! Had a scan since and all was OK. smile

TheBakeryQueen Fri 07-Mar-14 11:57:41

I used to get that really sharp stabby feeling too, at coughing, sneezing or sometimes rolling over in bed. I found leaning forward helped.

They're normal stretching pains but your midwife will be happy to reassure you if you are worried.

MissLemonsEyebrows Fri 07-Mar-14 12:06:57

Oh good, glad to hear this is just part of the experience. It is such an odd feeling though - as though my organs are being yanked out by their roots!

Thanks for the reassurance!

TheBakeryQueen Fri 07-Mar-14 13:59:35

Your writing is very descriptive, makes me clench a bit grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now