Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shallow query- nail polish brands

(2 Posts)
squizita Fri 07-Mar-14 10:49:43

I haven't been painting my nails in the 1st trimester. I am usually nail mad (ex biter proud of my natural talons), nail art and glitter polish - I feel naked without! I intend to as soon as I hit the big 13 weeks but with well known brands that do not contain formaldehyde etc'. On the 'down to earth' can you/can't you sites I have read this appears to be OK.

Model's Own and Mavala are safer brands, I know. I find their textures either thin (Model's Own) or too thick (Mavala) when not pregnant.

Any recommendations or reviews of other brands?

squizita Fri 07-Mar-14 11:05:35

PS. Did my h/w on the scary sites too. The actual surveys were women working long shifts in poorly ventilated nail bars. So what, plainting 50/100 sets of nails plus acrylics per day 5 days a week 8 hours? And there was still no firm link, although some US sites warn caution. The NHS in fine with it, provided ventilation is used and 'no toxic 3' polishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now