Talk

Advanced search

anyone taking Cyclogest post IVF?

(5 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Fri 07-Mar-14 07:56:53

am 5wks pg, on 1 x cyclogest pessary morning and evening, and 2 x progynova pill morning and evening. Will be taking both until am 12wks pg.

This morning I forgot to take my cyclogest pessary...!! I panicked for about 20mins on the tube on the way to work, then I figured that missing one pesary out of the 140 pessaries I'm going to be taking over the full 10wk course, isn't going to be a big deal.

Right..?!

Plus, I'm at work now so I can't do anything about it anyway...

curlyLJ Fri 07-Mar-14 08:44:40

You'll be fine. I did that a couple of times and it had no effect. Your body knows it's pg now and will be producing progesterone anyway.

In the end I used to keep a few in my bag so that if i did forget one, I could insert it when i got to work rather than worry all day...

Congratulations by the way! smile

tak1ngchances Fri 07-Mar-14 09:51:50

Yes I am 9 weeks now and have been taking cyclogest since embryo transfer.
I try to take it morning and evening but sometimes it ends up being early afternoon/late night and on two days I've only managed to take 1 for various reasons.
My logic was exactly the same as yours - when you're taking it for so long, it probably doesn't make a huge amount of difference! (I hope!)

tak1ngchances Fri 07-Mar-14 09:52:07

...yes, and congrats :-)

flipflopsonfifthavenue Fri 07-Mar-14 11:37:18

thanks, and congrats tak1ngchances !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now