Talk

Advanced search

Feeling guilty.

(7 Posts)
MrsMonkeyBear Fri 07-Mar-14 06:46:50

I'm trying my hardest to quit smoking because of the little life that is growing inside of me!! I'm just finding it incredibly hard. I've cut down to about 5 a day from 20 and even with NRT I'm finding it tough to give up the last few. The patches leave me with a nasty rash and make me feel sick, so can't use them. I use one of the inhalator things but after a while it gives me the boak. I feel like such a let down to my unborn child, I'm causing it harm with my addiction. I'm going to my GP on Monday to have a chat with her about this but just need a bit of support in the mean time.
Thanks in advance.
Xx

bugoven Fri 07-Mar-14 07:47:18

Have you tried an electronic cigarette? You can get different strengths of nicotene so less likely to make you feel sick because you could get a really low dose and use it more often. My OH has given up (for our little one) using one and is hardly even using his nicotene free pipe now. That's 6 weeks in.

Goodluck. As long as you're trying your best, that's all you can do Xx

MrsMonkeyBear Fri 07-Mar-14 07:57:57

Thanks bug.

I'll give one a go.

X x

CristaBell Fri 07-Mar-14 08:11:36

Have you tried reading the Alan Carr book? I've never been a smoker but a few friends have quit after reading it.

Good luck x

Snook99 Fri 07-Mar-14 08:59:04

I used to get rashes and was sick every morning after putting it on and found out it was because I was on too strong of a patch! But the electric ones are great that's how I've quit! Good luck x

firstbaby01 Fri 07-Mar-14 09:06:40

I can definitely recommend the Alan Carr book! I don't know how it works but it really does and it's amazing. your allowed to smoke whilst reading it but you just stop by the time you finish. you can get it for a couple of pounds on Kindle or get a paper copy of Amazon quite cheap

Ladymillion Fri 07-Mar-14 13:14:53

My brother was a heavy smoker until he read that book so it must be good! I think its Allan Carr rather than like the comedian Alan Carr wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now