Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

low amniotic fluid

(4 Posts)
buffythebarbieslayer Thu 06-Mar-14 15:13:03

Had growth scan today and amniotic fluid looks a bit low. Re scan in two weeks.

Obstetrician did feel my tummy and it felt like there was enough fluid. I've been having plenty of movements.

But I'm worried now

SimLondon Thu 06-Mar-14 15:24:35

Was it on the nhs? if so it must have been below a certain threshold for them to tell you. Anyway it happened to me, I seem to remember feeling really thirsty that day which may have had nothing to do with it - i was re-scanned a week later and fluid levels were back up again. I'm sure they will keep a close eye on you.

buffythebarbieslayer Thu 06-Mar-14 15:34:32

I've been constantly thirsty this pregnancy!

Oh well I'm sure it'll be fine

Elastigrrrl Thu 06-Mar-14 15:44:34

I would suggest you get your providers to keep an eye on it, but do not worry.
My best pal was induced about a month ago because of low amniotic fluid (just 10 days early); it was not a serious problem because they'd kept an eye on it through scans every couple weeks in the final stretch and knew when to act. The only issue was the little one had less room to move around because of the limited fluid, so she had slightly tight neck muscles when born. They are dealing with it now through a bit of physio, but that shouldn't scare you; it is all fixable with the right attention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now