Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weekend car racing at 31 weeks pregnant?!

(6 Posts)
Banana82 Thu 06-Mar-14 10:55:24

I am after a bit of advice as a first time mum to be!

My partner is a big motor racing fan and was keen to go to a racing event at Silverstone in April. Its on a Saturday and Sunday. I would be 31 weeks pregnant during the weekend and wanted to know if realistically I would be up to this.

He has been working non stop on our house to try and get it finished before the baby arrives and I would really like to treat him as a last thing we do as a couple before the baby arrives.

I would book the on site hotel for the Saturday night as we live too far away to drive there both days and am thinking it would be a bit of a safety net if I do feel unwell/need a rest.

So really just after some guidance as never been 31 weeks pregnant before! I am coming up to 25 weeks now and feel fine, no problems, but realise this could well change! Has anyone else done anything like this and how was it for you?

DoctorTwo Thu 06-Mar-14 11:19:40

You'll be fine. You're going as a spectator, not to race. Enjoy your weekend.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 06-Mar-14 11:23:13

You should be completely fine grin. Just enjoy having a weekend away with DH before the baby arrives.

From the thread title, I thought you were considering driving in a racing car at 31 weeks pregnant - in which case I would have said maybe not wise wink.

Even if you do feel a little tired or unwell (as long as it is nothing requiring hospital treatment) then, as you say, you can always pop back to the hotel room for a rest.

Enjoy smile.

evertonmint Thu 06-Mar-14 11:29:14

I thought you were planning to be driving the race car too!

You'll be fine and have a lovely time. Remember to take your maternity notes just in case, and take an extra pillow in case there aren't enough at the hotel!

suedehead Thu 06-Mar-14 14:07:19

Hi Banana
I'm 31 weeks now, and would definitely feel up to a weekend away. Good idea booking the on-site hotel. And yes, everton has a good point about taking your mat notes too.

(Though I also presumed from thread title that you were racing yourself - had clicked through to post 'good grief, woman, are you mad?!')

You'll be fine - enjoy yourself!

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 06-Mar-14 14:46:35

Ha ha, another who clicked through to say "are you serious?!?!" before realising you meant as a spectator!

You should be fine. As long as you have no complications, the biggest thing is just likely to be easy opportunities to sit down and easy access to loos. Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now