Talk

Advanced search

Trapped Wind or something bad?

(10 Posts)
alita7 Thu 06-Mar-14 08:32:25

Last night I woke up with bad wind and there was a pulsing pain in my left side low down in the pelvic area. I've had similar in other places since being pregnant and on both sides before being pregnant (thought maybe pcos but hadn't got round to checking or Maybe it was gastro) but this time was worse. It didn't go away when I went to the loo but got a bit better nor when I walked around but when I lied down on my back it went away pretty quick. Any body else have this and had wind or something and didn't have an ectopic pregnancy? I'm not too worried but it's going to niggle at me. I'm 5 weeks so not sure I'd even feel an ectopic yet anyway?

Elastigrrrl Thu 06-Mar-14 10:54:07

I've had similar pains on and off throughout the pregnancy (27 weeks now), though obviously I can't be sure it's the same thing. It's mostly on the left, feels like very painful trapped wind in the pelvic area, though it does often help when I go to the loo it certainly helps to have a rest and let things re-orient themselves in the tummy/womb area. It did start pretty early on, maybe end of the first month. I've asked about it a couple times and been reassured, no harm in arranging a phone call with your GP or a quick appointment if it is on your mind though.

qazxc Thu 06-Mar-14 11:03:40

I had quite a bit of abdo pains early on, I put it down to implantation pains and my digestive system going a bit wonky. Take a paracetamol if the pain is bothering you. As long as the pain isn't severe, doesn't go away or you have bleeding, i don't think you need to worry.

squizita Thu 06-Mar-14 11:33:19

I had one sided pain - combo of wind and the luteal cyst (corpus luteum) it turned out, during routine scans.

However it is worth asking for a scan: best to rule out ectopic and know!

alita7 Thu 06-Mar-14 11:52:26

I had a chat with my doc on the phone and he said said if it comes back to go see him tomorrow. Trouble is I can't really tell as when I think about it I think I can feel a slight niggle but rest of the time since its been fine.

Thanks guys that's reassuring just want to know and will definitely ask for a scan if I feel it again.

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Thu 06-Mar-14 11:57:36

I had an eptopic and around five weeks I had excruciating pain where I thought I was going to pass out then it faded same again at six week so went to doctors and sadly it was eptopic.

During my pregnancy with dd2 I had terrible pains around 15 weeks and had to crouch down but all was fine.

I really don't want to scare you but you never know what it is. Go doctors get it checked out and put your mind at risk

flowers

alita7 Thu 06-Mar-14 12:32:33

I wouldn't say it was excruciating, it was strong enough to cause concern but more worried about baby than pain. But then everyone's pain threshold is different and I've always had bad periods so belly pain doesn't phase me too much so how do I know if it's as bad as yours was or if it's no where near :/.

On the bright side I keep reminding myself I've had similar pains before being pregnant on both sides only difference is this hurt more. I hadn't got round to going to docs as it wasn't frequent enough so I'd forget. I used to think it could be pcos (had a few symptoms and would have asked doc if I'd not got pregnant this month), adhesions from recurrent utis last year or a bowel/gastrointestinal problem.

Fingers crossed it's nothing, might go see him anyway tomorrow to reassure myself.

alita7 Fri 07-Mar-14 12:40:44

Went to doc today and he had a feel around and said that it's not ectopic or it would be swollen to touch and it feels fine. I'm not 100% sure I trust that he can tell just by feeling at 5 weeks but I feel reassured- he said not even to come back if it continues to hurt- just to ignore it and wait til my midwife appointment. I feel that's bad advice as what if it is something serious, may not an ectopic pregnancy, and I now ignore it until it causes me harm?
Any advice for if it continues enough to concern me? I'm mostly satisfied it's whatever caused the pain before pregnant, but if that changes what do I do as I don't feel my doctor is going to help much...

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Fri 07-Mar-14 13:13:06

If it continues to hurt - go To another doctor or ask to see a midwife or even A&E. It's your body, you know when it's in distress.

I'm really not trying to frighten you but the first lot of pain I had even though it was really bad it was similar to my endo pain so I just sat it out.

What a shit doctor for saying sit it out!

I was six weeks one day when I got scanned for eptopic and there was a little heartbeat in my tube.

If tour really worried go hospital. You won't be the first person to go with concerns x

Davmallem2013 Fri 07-Mar-14 13:27:53

I had a ruptured ectopic at 6+5, I saw my GP at 6+4 when I had light brown spotting and pains across my stomach! He had a feel around too, but sent me home with suspect MC, I was in A&E having emergency surgery 24hrs later to my left tube! I can't believe he can tell by swelling only, I am a bit dubious on that. The A&E doctor did the best test as she pushed down in towards my tube and the let go very quickly. The pain and expletives that came out my mouth afterwards pretty much gave the clue away before the internal scan showed it in the left. I personally would not take what your GP has said as given especially if you have history of PCOS. If you get some spotting or the pain gets excruciating (I could not straighten my left leg and was bent over by the time I was bleeding in to my pelvis) the please go A&E.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now