Talk

Advanced search

consultant not able to answer questions about C section?

(6 Posts)
peeapod Thu 06-Mar-14 08:26:45

so. I have my c section booked. But as for the birth plan/ making sure my wishes are met, understanding exactly whats going on and recovery etc. they were completely clueless. they suggested I talk to my community midwife, but shes anti c sections and its not her that i need to talk to about what needs to happen in hosptial surely?

anyone know who and how I need to communicate this to ensure it gets done?

(I need to get the answers from this specific hosptial about my specific c section so I wont be asking on here the questions, because every procedure is different).

Rosduk Thu 06-Mar-14 08:47:03

I can't see that the community midwife would be able to help but my comm midwife is from a different hospital to where I'm going so maybe that's why- but it probably does depend on the questions! I will be having a csection and the consultant has answered any queries I have. My comm midwife referred me to the consultant maybe that's an option?

jammiecat Thu 06-Mar-14 08:51:03

I had all my questions answered by the consultant and by the midwife at the hospital who was there during my consultant appointment. My community midwife would be unlikely to know the answers as she's not based at the hospital. Do you have another consultant appointment before your c section? I've had a different consultant each time so it maybe another one will be more helpful next time.

Snobble Thu 06-Mar-14 08:54:32

I would contact the delivery unit at your hospital and ask them directly. If they cant help, they would at least point you in the right direction. But you are right, this is something your consultant should be going through with you!

Stevie77 Thu 06-Mar-14 09:40:14

The consultant answered all my questions but maybe I'm a bit low maintenance. Already know where I'm going on the day and have been shown the pre-op room and recovery (and theatre) during the visit to a the hospital.

What requests/questions have you had that he couldn't answer?

peeapod Thu 06-Mar-14 09:48:21

I'm going to talk to my midwife and see what they say. The main thing was that at least its been confirmed and booked. It seems a bit backward but I'l get there. I have a pre op the day before but it feels a little late to discuss it then. My midwife should be able to get me through to talk to someone about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now