Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does every women feel baby have hiccups.

(18 Posts)
SweetPea86 Wed 05-Mar-14 19:10:10

I'm 34 weeks and I've never felt baby have hiccups, what does it feel like and how long does it last.

Legalbaby79 Wed 05-Mar-14 19:42:11

I m 33 weeks and my baby hasn't had them..... She does punch and kick for England to make up for it tho which is lush x grin

SweetPea86 Wed 05-Mar-14 20:39:22

Yes I think that's what my little boy does for lack of hiccups he likes to kick and punch and quite possibly head butt lol

CertificateofExcremence Wed 05-Mar-14 20:42:07

My first baby would hiccup for ages in the womb and seemed to time it perfectly for when I was trying to get to sleep. It feels like a constant, rhythmic tapping (too rhythmic and light to be kicks) and can go on for a few minutes or in my DD's case what felt like hours. Funnily enough she carried on hiccup-ing loads throughout most of the first year of her life.

Bb14 Wed 05-Mar-14 20:43:27

I've been feeling them since 28 weeks. They are gentle (compared to kicks) and regular little jerks. This baby is much more active than my first but hiccups much less so they can be different!

LucyBabs Wed 05-Mar-14 20:50:06

Awww I completely forgot about baby having hiccups while I was pregnant!

Such a lovely feeling smile

Shit now I'm broody shock

Mummyk1982 Wed 05-Mar-14 21:13:25

Feels like an extra pulse :-)

BillyAndBamBam Wed 05-Mar-14 21:15:35

A little rhythmic ticking in your belly. Its the cutest thing.

MrsMarigold Wed 05-Mar-14 21:16:04

I never experienced this with either child, in fact with DS, I never felt him move until the day before he was born. DD kicked loads.

Boogles91 Thu 06-Mar-14 00:15:34

Yep smile lil mans always doing it, ive noticed its after hes had a few mad hours kicking and swimming around in there :p x

HannahG315 Thu 06-Mar-14 00:18:50

I didn't notice them, my midwife asked me if I had and then told me baby was having them there and then and she could hear him!

That was 36 weeks, 39+3 now and they're really quite powerful! Bounce my hips in bed smile kind of annoying but cute at the same time xx

Huffpot Thu 06-Mar-14 06:25:19

DS1 used to hiccup when I was pregnant and on the way to work and hungry. was a really gentle jerking and so funny. He's 4 now and STILL hiccups when he is hungry!

jammiecat Thu 06-Mar-14 09:01:25

I had that a lot with my DS but this pregnancy one baby does it quite a lot (but not as much as DS did) whilst the other (who also doesn't kick as much) barely ever does it. So it seems to vary in my experience.

justalilmummy Thu 06-Mar-14 09:06:08

I didnt notice it with ds1 but did with ds2
Its funny coz ds1 always had the hiccups after a feed but ds2 rarely does
Maybe I just didnt know what to feel for and didnt notice

Snobble Thu 06-Mar-14 10:35:47

I never got the hiccups feeling until 35 weeks, now i notice every 1-2 days.

It sometimes depends on what your eating tho as apparantly if you eat a lot of junk food your fluid is sweeter and they drink faster and give themselves hiccups lol.

Jemimapuddleduk Thu 06-Mar-14 12:33:52

I never got this with DD.

QuestQueCest Thu 06-Mar-14 13:11:27

No never with DD - she never hiccuped once she was born either.

Every day with DS - he still get hiccups all the time now at 7 weeks.

Amrapaali Thu 06-Mar-14 13:17:45

Awww baby hiccups....

I remember once at work~ DD's hiccups were so strong, my whole body was pushed back a couple of inches, rotating chair and all.

Freaky yet so amazing! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now