Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hospital clothes

(9 Posts)
Cupcake11 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:23:00

Just wondering what to pack in my bag for me really.

I was thinking two pairs of pjs. One to start labour in, although I know I'll probably end up naked or in the pool, and one to get changed into after.

Some big black knickers, although not sure how many pairs.

Something to travel home in.

If anyone can offer any recommendations on where to buy or what styles worked for them I'd be very grateful! thanks

Spookey80 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:37:56

I think what you have sounds good., but maybe a nightie for early labour as it's more freeing then pjs.
I've also bought some 'yoga' type trousers for going home. I bought these from blooming marvellous in mothercare, they gave a fold over waist band so can wear now as big bump cover, then after as folded over.

ToriaPumpkin Wed 05-Mar-14 13:43:23

I had two pairs of pyjamas (very helpful as my pad leaked and I needed to send the first pair home to be washed) and a huge nightie for labour as it meant I could be examined easily/didn't have to get changed at any point. I did have some baggy bottoms with me for wandering the corridors/up to labour suite.

Take as many pairs of pants as you can fit in your bag. Maternity pads leak and you don't know how long you'll be in for. Better to cone home with clean pairs than run out.

Other than that it sounds like you've got the bases covered smile

Mrswellyboot Wed 05-Mar-14 13:47:05

I ended up having an emcs so didn't have the huuuge pants so dh nipped out for them

What I had was a long button down maternity nightie from M&S and it was so soft and comfy for labour. Then I had two other nighties than were Primark jobs that I wore at night

Then I had some navy tops two sizes larger and light but dressy for visitors with tesco very large navy and white bottoms

I had plenty and also few soft nursing bras

Hth and wishing you safe labour and delivery x

TheScience Wed 05-Mar-14 13:50:04

Button front nightie for labour/aftermath.

Pyjamas and a dressing gown and slippers for the postnatal ward (and flip flops for the shower)

Take a multipack of big knickers

An outfit for going home - remember you are still going to look 6 months pregnant so baggy/maternity clothes.

HelenHen Wed 05-Mar-14 14:12:07

I just gave birth in the top I went into Labour in and then changed into nightie afterwards when all cleaned up. Black is a very helpful colour by the way! I can't afford too many things so I don't have a multitude of bras and nighties to pack away for one use only sad so I'm just kinda hoping for the best!a couple of pairs of big knickers will do fine!

lighteningmcmama Wed 05-Mar-14 14:39:39

For dc2i packed a ready meal-one of those long life tuna salads. In the end i didn't need it, but with dc1 they didn't have dinner for me bc I'd missed the dinner slot so it was cold sandwiches. I figured if I was in that situation again I'd rather have something I'd chosen.

Also some high energy drinks would be good.

I also packed snacks for dh, he needs to keep up his energy too lol

Cariad007 Wed 05-Mar-14 16:51:09

I packed two nighties but ended up giving birth naked in the pool and spent the night wearing just a pair of big black pants and a soft bra. Naturally I was in my own room in the birth centre, not on the postnatal ward!

MummyLuce Wed 05-Mar-14 20:06:06

I didn't fancy one of those long nightie type things as felt distinctly mumsy and frumpy! I wore knickers and t shirts for labour then a short nightie with little straps for afterwards. Perhaps a little more outré than the average new mum but I wanted to look nice! I also had pj bottoms and a veat for after as well xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now