Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with no 2.

(8 Posts)
Jaz78 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:13:52

I am 35 and have a gorgeous 9 month old daughter. She truly is light of my life.

Anyhow it found out a couple of weeks ago that I am 4 weeks pregnant. It was a planned pregnancy and my husband had discussed how we only wanted a small gap between our 1st and 2nd child.

I have always been an honest person and the thought of lies and deceit make me feel sick. I told my Mum, when I found our and all she said was I thought you were and put the phone down. She is not one bit happy about this and I haven't heard from her since. I never wanted her to find our through somebody else. I have tried phoning her 4 time sand she won't even pick the phone up.

I know she didn't want me to get pregnant and so soon, but we decided it was what we wanted to do. She even told me, we should bring our 1st baby up properly first.

I know I'm hormonal and pregnant but this is really upsetting me and I just don't know what to do.

MummyLuce Wed 05-Mar-14 13:38:10

Errm....What on EARTH has this got to do with your mum??? I actually can't believe she would even dream of making any comment at all other than 'congratulations'! She sounds like a complete nightmare and I would totally ignore her childishness and tell her she has absolutely no right to pass comment on anything you and your DH decide to do.

Jaz78 Wed 05-Mar-14 14:06:35

Aw thank you, the thing I just don't understand is how can she was so pro when I was pregnant with our baby girl.

I was brought up in a tight knit close family, but my mum is very opinionated and see me going against her advice as disrespectful.

I do wonder if she realises I am a grown up....

HelenHen Wed 05-Mar-14 14:14:49

Aw that's so horrible! Please don't let her get you down and ruin such a happy time! What a bitch! I hope she regrets it already!

googietheegg Wed 05-Mar-14 14:25:33

Please don't keep feeding your mum's terribly destructive childishness.

Congratulations!! Just enjoy your pregnancy and let her come round by herself.

Jaz78 Wed 05-Mar-14 14:27:11

Thank you that is so kind. I just don't want my little girl to lose out with no contact from my parents. She does have a habit of making me feel a little child again.

I loved being pregnant first time round and I know I'm lucky. I'm privileged to be pregnant and know the gift I have. I just don't hate that my mum treats it like a mistake...

Jaz78 Wed 05-Mar-14 14:35:54

Thank you that is so kind. I just don't want my little girl to lose out with no contact from my parents. My mum does have a habit of making me feel a little child again.

I loved being pregnant first time round and I know I'm lucky. I'm privileged to be pregnant and know the gift I have. I just do hate that my mum treats it like a mistake...

TuedorandWright13 Wed 05-Mar-14 17:53:48

Being a mother (you or your mom) is never easy - sometimes becos we are close and family we say things according to our mood, we think later. We act on how we feel immediately becos we are family. Go easy on your mom, what goes around comes around - before you know it, you too will be having heart to heart with your little ones and they will not always agree with u or see we're you are coming from. Give her sometime and also give yourself sometime it is not easy being pregnant with a 9 month old - planned or unplanned. Sometimes kind words make all the difference and let's not be proud about who loves who more. I always have episodes with my mom :-), but she is my mom and I will not let a soul say a bad word about her (maybe just me :-)). Hope everything sorts itself out - in the time being try and enjoy being pregnant, and teething, and new foods, and new words, and all the wonderful milestones of your little one. X x x o x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now