Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else trying to convince themselves every little pain is the start of labour?

(9 Posts)
mostlyconfused Wed 05-Mar-14 13:09:45

I'm driving myself nuts here! I'm so desperate for this baby to come that I'm sure my contractions are starting with ever little sensation!

Spookey80 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:39:09

I've stopped now as my baby is never coming!! Every time I've thought thus I've just felt even more disappointed again!

LJBanana Wed 05-Mar-14 13:41:43

Yes. I am. I'm not even due until next week. When I concerntrate on 'the pain' it's not there anymore. I think it might-just might be wind! Or my imagination!

Alice2014 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:42:08

Yes! 9 days over - one sweep. I'm bored of this now, and willing my son to join us. Sweep later today then induction booked for +13. I was so sure he'd be early, clearly not and I really can't relax into it because I've been mentally ready for 4 weeks. I've tried long walks, bouncing, pineapple, attempted to DTD (it took a lot of persuasion from me but was too uncomfortable in the end). I've even tried shouting "get out"! Here's hoping that we're not kept waiting much longer.

LJBanana Wed 05-Mar-14 13:59:40

I went over 11 days with DS2 so I feel your pain. It's so annoying. None of the old wives tales work- had had mouth ulcers from the pineapple consumption!!!
Once threatened with induction I went into labour naturally.
That didn't stop me from feeling murderous each and every day over though!

mostlyconfused Wed 05-Mar-14 14:42:40

I've got a cheek. I'm only 37 + 4. I finished work 3 weeks ago so it feels like I should be due now.
The more I wait, the more I start to worry about how I'll cope with a baby and nearly 3 year old. I just wish he would come out already cos then I'll just have to get on with it rather than panic about it!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all that your little ones arrive soon x

Mummyk1982 Wed 05-Mar-14 15:00:45

I thought I was too but saw midwife today for 38 week check and says all the little niggles that I feel coming and going are suggestive of early latent phase of labour- horray!!!! ;-)

Mummytobe2014 Wed 05-Mar-14 15:29:51

Argh me too! 39+2 here and feeling huge! my DP has just gone fishing for three nights so maybe, just maybe labour will start lol! It would be typical that it happens when I am here alone!
I wonder whether the fact that I feel unprepared is stopping my body from getting ready! I have had no niggles yet, occasional pains at night like period pains but once I get my bump supported they go away! When I walk it hurts occasionally but it has done that for a good few weeks now so nothing new sad
At my last mw visit the baby was sitting high and he still is. I haven't experienced BH either so I am hoping when I do start feeling tightening's it will be "the real deal"!

Good luck MummyK - you never know! smile

MrMacadoo Wed 05-Mar-14 15:40:50

I so relate to this! I am 38+6 and DD1 was born at 39+1 and everyone says the second comes along quicker. So why are you not here yet baby! Been having BH every night for the past week and keep convincing myself the time has come, but no! Going for a curry on Sat... Well it worked the first time! (and I didn't want it to as I was booked for an ELCS 3 days later!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now