Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

23 weeks and my bump is huge -is that right?!

(4 Posts)
Monkeybrain10 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:16:47

People keep asking me if I'm having twins (not according to the scan I'm not!)
Am starting to worry that I'm bigger than i should be. I've always been skinny and all the baby weight has gone on my bump, waist and bum. So how do i know if I'm putting on too much weight? (i've been eating ridiculous amounts of chocolate and cake - it appears that pregnancy gives u a very sweet tooth).
Should i be more sensible about what i eat or just go with it and accept that everyone is different? I have a friend just a couple of weeks behind me and u wouldn't know she was pregnant whereas i look like i have a beachball down my top! any thoughts appreciated :-)

Boogles91 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:28:59

From what other mummys to be say its fine smile your most likely carrying at the front more, im like your friend have a petite bump and im carrying at back more lol smile im slim but then again the jobs ive done is hard labour so my tummy muscles have always been quite toned and tight. Im like you with the sweet tooth though! But ive only just got my appetite back, after having horrid 24hr sickness i seemed to have been put off all food until these past couple of days so im making the most of it but still eating sensibly. Ive never been a big eater though before i was preggers my daily food would be cereal, graze through out the day and a reasonable meal at night, and its still the same now. I was worried when i could hardly eat much but the midwife said aslong as your drinking plenty and having something even if its little them im ok. My scan shows babys perfect and the right size for 21wks so hes ok smile do you know what your having yet chuck smile i seen his lips and nose as clear as anything as he keot round arseing at the scan and hes deffo got my lips :D hehe xx

Monkeybrain10 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:11:11

Thanks boogles. I'm having a boy too. My sister just had a giant boy ;-) so i think maybe it runs in the family and he's just gonna be big! Like u i had 24 hour nausea for the first 4 months or so, so grazed all day and night. Luckily it has eased off now but my appetite is huge - I'm eating like a teenage boy! And as for stomach muscles...yes, salt

Monkeybrain10 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:12:14

Thanks boogles. I'm having a boy too. My sister just had a giant boy ;-) so i think maybe it runs in the family and he's just gonna be big! Like u i had 24 hour nausea for the first 4 months or so, so grazed all day and night. Luckily it has eased off now but my appetite is huge - I'm eating like a teenage boy! And as for stomach muscles...yes, sadly i didn't really have any!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now